On the Mellow Side

Started by Blooby, July 05, 2009, 09:53:00 AM

Blooby

I think the miming in the end is classic.  

What does he say after "Kumquat" about 15-20 seconds in?

Guitarron, Vox just came out with a new semi-hollowbody, but it's much pricier than I thought (over $2,500 American).  I would love a semi-hollow Gibson ES-335, but again, that whole money thing.

Blooby

Greeny

ES-335's are out of my price range too, so I went for this Hofner Verythin. It does the job very nicely for around or under £400...

Blooby

Wow, Greeny, that is gorgeous.  How is its construction?  Any concerns?

Blooby

guitarron

the epi 335's are nice
i'm looking for that big box-like a super 400 knock off

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Quote from: Blooby on July 06, 2009, 10:11:54 AMWow, Greeny, that is gorgeous.  How is its construction?  Any concerns?

Blooby

It feels very robust / solid to me. I reckon it could deal with gigging without any problem at all. It is very thin (as the name suggests), and it has a very good range of tones. The tuning stability is pretty good - although nothing is reliable as my telecaster. I read some great reviews AFTER I bought it, lol. I bought it on sight and tone after sitting down with it in a guitar shop (where I'd gone with the intention of buying an Ibanez Artcore or Hagstrom semi).

Greeny

I'd say go to a store and try one!

It's funny how certain guitars appeal to certain players and not others. You'll know if it's for you, and there's no guarantee that it will be. Might be love though... lol

Flash Harry

Super super noodling. Lovely tone too.

I have a Epi 335. It's nice.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Ferryman

Quote from: Blooby on July 06, 2009, 09:54:55 AMWhat does he say after "Kumquat" about 15-20 seconds in?
[/center]

Not sure, I think it's just "Great", one of his little aside catch phrases.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

Thank you, Ferryman.  That vid is a funny one.  I have watched it several times.

And just when I thought I couldn't find jazz any more "out," I typed "crazy jazz" into the Youtube search engine.

What's ironic is that Miles was churning out stuff like this in the early 70's, and he was lauded for it.

As for this video...holy cow.

Blooby

Greeny

They're playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order! And the drummer is playing a different song entirely! As is the bass player... as is the saxophonist... lol

It's so bad I was getting into it by the end. Kind of like a toothache - it's nice when it stops, lol.