On the Mellow Side

Started by Blooby, July 05, 2009, 09:53:00 AM

Blooby

Ibanez Tune
Time:
0:00
Volume:

Sorry I have been scarce.  I've taken to brief bouts of lurking between work and chores.

I borrowed a friend's songwriting-helper thingy that allows you to program drums, bass lines, and chords.  After getting frustrated with the learning curve, I settled on this mellow, jazzy yet simplistic rhythm section (courtesy of my imaginary digital friends Luther and Nickolai).  I have horribly neglected my Ibanez AG95, so I extricated it from the back of the closet.

In typical me-fashion (with an utter lack of patience and planning), I made two passes (one for the chords and the other for lead with some overlap), left it, and then came back later to listen to it.  Also in typical fashion, I wasn't planning on posting it, but I kind of liked the mellow chording and the somewhat pastoral nature of the music.  Now if I can just get a woman to read aloud esoteric erotica over the top of this, I think it will feel more complete.

I think the original was almost eight minutes long, but I won't subject everybody to all that noodling.

As always...peace.

Blooby

launched

Ahh, Stereo. What a change in tone - I have never been good at detecting different guitar sounds, but can clearly tell the difference between this and your Strat. I wonder what the combination would sound like...

A cool and different listen - deep sounds from a sweet guitar. I want a semi-hollow.

Later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bluesberry

That sounds so great Blooby.  Nice deep, sweet, mellow tone there.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Satchwood

Great jazzy feel - talented playing there Blooby!! 

I've tried to get into this genre but lack the patience.....maybe I'll try again.   Clean & full of terrific   licks!! !! - nice chord-ing backer selection. 

Enjoyed listening to this!!  The string skipping octave licks were really cool!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Wiley

Wow this is different.  Really nice. sounds like an upright bass playing. Great sound and great job!

Facemask93

Mellow yellow blooby , cool man , lovely tone , nice playing

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Blooby

Quote from: Satchwood on July 05, 2009, 02:01:11 PMI've tried to get into this genre but lack the patience.....maybe I'll try again.   Clean & full of terrific   licks!! !! - nice chord-ing backer selection.

Thank you, all, for your comments.  The drums and bass were patterns, but the chording was mine, which explains why it's so hit or miss.

Satchwood, if you like this kind of tone but are turned off by the "outside" nature of jazz (not that what I did was jazz), I recommend Johnny A, especially his first disc Sometimes Tuesday Morning.  He tends to play a lot of pentatonics but always has glorious tones.  I don't know that I'd call the video below straight jazz, but damn, if his opening tone isn't beautiful.

If you ever develop a taste for jazz, I recommend Wes Montgomery, Joe Pass, Pat Martino, and my personal favorite, Lenny Breau.

Blooby

Geir

Never got a grip on that jazz playing, something you've obviously have!!! A great jazz noodling it is !!!

I think a glass of red wine would be appropriate now 8)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Satchwood

Hey Blooby - I'm definitely not turned off by this excellent piece of yours. 

I think it sounds great!!  Chords and Soloing sounds terrific to me!!  Nice easy listening jazzy-cool riffs!!  I've listened to a few times already - Great job!!

Thanks for the video lesson as well - that dude is terrific two.
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Bluesberry

Yes sir that Johny A is great stuff.  I love that style of guitar playing, thanks for the introduction to this guy.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand