Kayla's Blues improv in G#

Started by BAG, July 04, 2009, 11:10:32 PM

BAG

BLU_JAM
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here a bit of a blues improv with my 8 year old doing all the lead. It was recorded with the little Sony external mic sitting about halfway between my acoustic and her little amp. She doesn't really like doing blues all that much but I've been trying to make it a small part of her weekly lesson.

One take, no sheet music, completely improvised on-the-fly. I think she's really starting to get a feel for blues lead.
Just a roadie again.....

Facemask93

Oooooh yeahhhhh well done Kayla , and nice one dad , this girl definately improves each new post , fantastic impro.

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Bluesberry

That 8 year old has the blues!  Great feeling, timing, slides, bends.  Really great for sure.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

Definitely getting a feel for the blues. Great stuff, still can't believe she's only8!!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

That blues has great feeling!

She knows them blues..

She must go to a really tough school.........!

Awesome!

Peace guys
Seriously impressed!

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Satchwood

Great job Kayla!!  I really like how you switch between the clean sound and the rockin crunch sound - and off course your "woh!" at the end is a like a cherry on top of ice cream!!  Great job you two - Dad & Daughter - very impressive!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Geir

Wow,  Kayla's progress is just amazing !! The playing here is excellent, not only has she got the right blues felling and notes, it's also played perfectly. No bum notes!!

GREAT !!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Diego Ayala

Excellent take!!!  I downloaded it to listen to it, and to follow along with my strat...
My kids Gabby and Luis are in Nebraska, and it is a long ways from Nome-AK.  Kayla and Bag, that was a cool take!!!

Contacted my kids in NE to see if we can collaborate on a "Woodstock" song (or more) and post it with the Woodstock anniversary postings > July 15th...  so, will be waiting to see which songs we want to try!

Wiley

Just totally awesome.  That little girl is just amazing.  Kayla great job!!!!  You have the best teacher.!!

guitarron

Quote from: BAG on July 04, 2009, 11:10:32 PMOne take, no sheet music, completely improvised on-the-fly. I think she's really starting to get a feel for blues lead.
you can say that again brother- Good Stuff Kayla

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder