First Impressions And Thoughts About 'The Man'

Started by SteveB, July 04, 2009, 09:23:40 AM

Bluesberry

Check out this reaction to a dealing with the "man"
.  In this case the man is not a musical corporation kind of man, but they are all the same "Man" anyway.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on July 10, 2009, 03:38:58 PMSo I just wanted to make that clear.  Whenever I talk about "making music for a living," those are my reasons.  It's nothing to do with the classic "rock star" fantasy!  Sure, I had that dream when I was 16, but who didn't?
Hey Boscko, with the kind of music you are making, there is no doubt the love of music is your no 1 driver here.  It couldn't be more obvious. 

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SteveB

BSZ - I guarantee that if someone (Undoubtedly A Suit), from outside this Forum gets a sniff of the Talent in general, and your Concept Song-Cycle in particular, you will be subject to a level of butt-kissing from said Suit that defies human description. Did you see the comment I wrote about the Album cover you posted of Millie Jackson. That's what I hate about 'The Man' and his minions.  >:(
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Bluesberry

So SteveB, what do you draw from this long discussion.  You started this thread for a reason, what do you conclude from it? 

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SteveB

BB - If only there were a conclusion or easy answer. As long as there is a single human being capable of artistic endeavour, then unfortunately it seems that there will also be a parallel human being ready to rip the first off. In the UK at the moment we have the annual X-Factor running (You probably have something similar in Canada), and it is stated by some that this is now just an exercise to make sure that Simon Cowell has a hit record at Christmas, and therein lies the essence of The Man. I have only seen snatches of the programme because I long ago got rid of my television, but to see Judges of no discernable musical talent dispensing arbitrary opinions on people who are baring their souls while a whipped-up crowd cackle and bray borders on the disgusting. Can you honestly believe that these people would care how much devotion you as an individual have invested in your work posted on this Forum for instance? And yet we as Artists are driven-on to keep producing the work (Obviously some produce a heck of a lot more than others :) ), and therein is the uneasy dilemma: We as Artists strive to produce, they as the Audience seem to need to feel superior in some way because they can't produce Art themselves. I guess it was always thus.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon