Porgy and Bess---- Summertime??

Started by StevieM, July 03, 2009, 08:22:30 AM

StevieM

Errrrr, Robbie----wrong Summertime :-[  But try Peter Gabriel!!!!
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Sprocket

Quote from: StevieM on July 03, 2009, 01:55:01 PMErrrrr, Robbie----wrong Summertime :-[  But try Peter Gabriel!!!!

Couldnt find the Peter Gabriel version...but I get it now...its the same song Sublime and Will Smith sampled.

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Sprocket

This is kinda what I love about the blues(not that Id call this blues) but I just love different versions of the same song, I can almost listen to them back to back and not grow tired of the same song..."Key To The Highway" for example.

This song kinda reminded/inspired me to look/dig a lil deeper into a song my buddy's band has been playing "Take Five"...Ive been listening to all the versions on Groovshark, and am really diggin the Chet Atkins version.

Thanks for posting bout this song...I feel like I learned something.

64Guitars

Here's a nice jazz version of Summertime by Lars Kongshem.

http://www.kongshem.com/mp3/008_summertime_2002_lars_kongshem.mp3

It was recorded on a BR-532. Here are some details about the song from his website:

"Summertime"  (2002) [time: 3:30]
  • This is my cover of the jazz standard by George Gershwin, updated with an acid jazz groove.
  • Arranged, performed, and engineered by Lars Kongshem, 2002.
  • Electric guitar: Gibson Les Paul Custom, 1970 vintage.
  • Drum programming and amp modeling: Boss BR-532.
  • Bass: Electric guitar played through bass emulator.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

StevieM

Didn't expect this one to go to 2 pages ;)

Thanks 64G, I obviously didn't look hard enough :D

I'd love to do something with this, maybe I will soon.

Hey Sprocket, I'm the same with some stuff. One melody, one set of words, so many different sounds and feelings!!
That's just one of the things I love about this place, you hear something and think about it differently maybe, or if it's something we haven't heard before???----we all learn something new all the time.

I would have put 'quote' bits in here somewhere but still haven't worked out how to do it properly :-[
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

guitarron

Quote from: 64Guitars on July 03, 2009, 03:21:27 PMHere's a nice jazz version of Summertime by Lars Kongshem.

Here's a nice jazz version of Summertime by [url=http://www.kongshem.com/music/index.html]Lars Kongshem

http://www.kongshem.com/mp3/008_summertime_2002_lars_kongshem.mp3

It was recorded on a BR-532. Here are some details about the song from his website:

• This is my cover of the jazz standard by George Gershwin, updated with an acid jazz groove.

/mp3/008_summertime_2002_lars_kongshem.mp3]http://www.kongshem.com/mp3/008_summertime_2002_lars_kongshem.mp3[/url]

[/quote]
just had a listen to this-i like jazz takes on this number

this is a nice rendition for sure

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder