Porgy and Bess---- Summertime??

Started by StevieM, July 03, 2009, 08:22:30 AM

StevieM

Anyone got 'Summertime' from Porgy and Bess? I've been trying to find the original soundtrack for ages. Found loads of covers, but not that one. How about the whole film soundtrack?? Maybe I'm pushing my luck a bit there ::)
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

guitarron

funny i used to cover this one -thinking of recording it

couldn't find an original soundtrack from the 1959 movie-only later productions

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StevieM

Yeh, not sure if one even exists. Can you recommend a cover that's as close as poss?
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

guitarron

rent the movie and rip it (i'm not sure if i ever seen or heard the original)

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Sprocket

Quote from: StevieM on July 03, 2009, 08:22:30 AMAnyone got 'Summertime' from Porgy and Bess? I've been trying to find the original soundtrack for ages. Found loads of covers, but not that one. How about the whole film soundtrack?? Maybe I'm pushing my luck a bit there ::)

Youve got a MBR, here you go...own it.
http://listen.grooveshark.com/#
I just did a search "Porgy and Bess"...and found a ton of stuff.

No offense but WTF?  :D

StevieM

Cheers Sprocket, Must have missed this. It's got a version by Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong that's probably about the nearest I'll get. Wanted one with the twin vocals, got a vague idea what I want to do with it.
Watch this space-----------well, not THIS space, obviously, it'll be a different space, but, errrrr, you know what I mean :-\

StevieM

Oh yeh, forgot to say. How do I download from that site?. Probably easy, but I'm feeling a bit dim tonight!!

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Sprocket

Quote from: StevieM on July 03, 2009, 12:50:27 PMOh yeh, forgot to say. How do I download from that site?. Probably easy, but I'm feeling a bit dim tonight!!

You go through the stereo "line in" on your MicroBR with 1/8" to 1/8" stereo cable to your computer(where your speakers are hooked up) and then just plug your computer speakers into the MBR as a set of monitors while you record the song you wanna use.

GuitarRon & SteveM, seriously? A blues song? I just heard the Gershwin, thinking "soundtrack"...maybe I will give the other versions a listen...which is the best version?

StevieM

Ok, I can manage 'line in/out' ;D
Depends on the style you want. Try Janis Joplin for booze and cigs bluesy, I should think Miles Davis----Jazzy? Robbie Williams?? Haven't heard it yet! There's loads of versions.