What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Started by SteveB, July 03, 2009, 02:53:03 AM

SteveB

Quote from: Mike_S on September 08, 2021, 11:13:38 AMNot a massive reader but I always try to have one on the go, although it always takes me a good while to get through one. So posting a pic of what I tend to read... a mix of music, war, sport and then random ones

These are all pretty decent if I remember correctly. Somme Mud is particularly good if you are into real life accounts of war. And really enjoyed Fahrenheit 451. Haven't actually read Brave New World yet but put it in as it's next on my list after I finish Matthew McConaghy's autobiography

Oh, I like this!  8)  8)

I've been trawling through this thread to see if I can replace the image-file-photos that Photobucket buggered up a few years ago. Some success, more archives to find.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

SteveB

Well I guess young Matt T. and me are going to be acquainted again. Should be fun.

_0001d.jpg
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Boognish

I am reading The Divider: Trump in the White House

I would like to apologize sincerely to the rest of the world. I am so thankful to say I never voted for this man.
Okay to cover.

T.C. Elliott

Just finished Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte and Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte and now I'm reading The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Ann Bronte. Can you tell I'm taking a course in 19th century novels?
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Mike_S

A Million Little Pieces by James Frey. About addiction to drink and drugs and the damage they can do. Only started recently but I am enjoying it.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ted

Breakfast of Champions, by Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

I always reach for Vonnegut when I'm in a reading slump and want to pull myself out of it. I think there's a small number of novels left for future reading slumps. After that, I can start over.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

T.C. Elliott

Just finished the Levon Helm (auto)biography "Wheel's On Fire" and enjoyed it quite a bit. Digging back into some of The Band and his solo stuff. I recommend the book if you're a fan of him or the The Band.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Bluesberry

Quote from: T.C. Elliott on June 04, 2023, 08:28:36 AMJust finished the Levon Helm (auto)biography "Wheel's On Fire" and enjoyed it quite a bit. Digging back into some of The Band and his solo stuff. I recommend the book if you're a fan of him or the The Band.
great idea.....I love me some Band once in a while...there is something kinda mysterious about the band and their music....they were plugged into something ....and of course Richard Manuel's voice will slay you ......deep and mysterious

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ted

I'm reading Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison. It's full of vignettes of black experience in mid-20th century America. Some of these impressions and images may work themselves into a song.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

T.C. Elliott

Quote from: Bluesberry on June 04, 2023, 04:47:29 PM
Quote from: T.C. Elliott on June 04, 2023, 08:28:36 AMJust finished the Levon Helm (auto)biography "Wheel's On Fire" and enjoyed it quite a bit. Digging back into some of The Band and his solo stuff. I recommend the book if you're a fan of him or the The Band.
great idea.....I love me some Band once in a while...there is something kinda mysterious about the band and their music....they were plugged into something ....and of course Richard Manuel's voice will slay you ......deep and mysterious

You're not kidding. Richard's voice can really hurt you but you don't seem to mind.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper