What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Started by SteveB, July 03, 2009, 02:53:03 AM

Speed Demon

I'm currently listening to audiobooks. The Empire series (eight) by Christopher G. Nuttall.
An excellent author of science fiction.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

SteveB

8)
Quote from: Willie on March 25, 2016, 03:53:48 PMThe Mayor of Casterbridge, Thomas Hardy. Has more twists and turns than I thought possible. Willie

Yeah Willie, well done that man!
The obvious tip in literature is never to become a hero/heroine in a Hardy novel - you'll just get a sh*tty end!
But hey, they're a dang good read.  8)

Not sure if you can make them out - my Hardy hardbacks.

recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

fenderbender

Trying to get back into reading after a layoff-
I find if the first chapter is boring I just throw the book aside--
One thing I learned years ago -If the so called experts recommend a book -it's going to be pretentious crzzzzp ;D ;D
I the one I just finished -One Shot by Vince Flynn-same  type of hero as the Bourne books

I used to read Sci-Fi books for me dinner and tea-cant understand how the world as we know it Jim is still up the Swanee---- ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

SteveB

Working in Warehouse/Retail you don't get much chance to do anything between Oct/Dec/Jan each year apart from work/sleep - but I was recently able to pick this up (after a couple of favourable reviews), and look forward to getting stuck into Bruce.  ;D

000-BTR-700x1057_zpsotwcvvyp.jpg

recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

I'm currently reading The Book of Lost Tales by J RR Tolkien. I can only read a very few pages at a time before I get brain overload but it does give good background information to The Hobbit etc.   Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

just finished reading the Altered Carbon trilogy by Richard K. Morgan, great cyberpunk science fiction, apparently netflixs are gonna turn it into a tv show. personally i don't think it is remotely possible to turn it into a tv show. cos in the novel's somewhat dystopian world, human personalities can be stored digitally and downloaded into new bodies, called sleeves. the lead character Takeshi Kovacs  changes sleeve practically every chapter, still the same person but in a completely different body.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

leighelse

I've just finished Margaret Atwood's The Blind Assassin  - not as absorbing as the other books of hers I've read.

I've now picked up a John le Carre I've not read before; Single and Single. So far so good, in a predictably noir-ish le Carre fashion.
Dueling BR1600s. Beats banjos.

cuthbert

Other than tons of reading for work (linux, bash, and shell scripting - not enticing to most people, nor frequently even to me), I've been dipping back into Conan Doyle's macabre short stories, mixed up with snatches of stories by Bram Stoker, H.P. Lovecraft, and Sheridan Le Fanu - you know, fun stuff! :D
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Geir

recorder