What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Started by SteveB, July 03, 2009, 02:53:03 AM

Speed Demon

Blood Moon by Sharman DiVono.

Scifi thriller.

On the fifth mission to Farside Moon Base something has gone terribly wrong.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Lurker

I've been wending my way through the Aubrey Maturing series by Patrick O'Brian for a couple of years with other books interspersed.  The film "Master and Commander" with Russell Crowe and Paul Bettany was based on this series.  I like the seafaring tales.  They're easy reading for the end of a busy day.  I've also read the Horatio Hornblower series.  I've learned cool details like the devastating effect of splinters of wood during naval battles and the boredom during blockades.  They don't show that in the movies.

Burtog

Got the Morrissey autobiography yesterday, about half way through now, good read, funny in parts, well written, sour and opinionated - typical Mozzer, well worth a read.

Not got to the court case bits yet, about 50 pages on that, can't wait.

Oh and it's already a Penguin 'Classic'.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Speed Demon

My favorite author, Tom Clancy, passed away a few days ago. He was 66 years of age.

RIP

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

Lurker

Quote from: Speed Demon on October 18, 2013, 01:04:08 PMMy favorite author, Tom Clancy, passed away a few days ago. He was 66 years of age.

RIP

So passes another great storyteller.

I read most of his books.  Riveting reads.  Red Storm Rising was probably my favorite.  Or was it Without Remorse?

Oldrottenhead

two chapters in and am gonna read everything by this fella

just finished norwegian wood by haruki murakami effing braw gonna read all his too. read this one a while back recommend it

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Speed Demon

Listening to an audiobook. The Taking by Dean Koontz.

Excellent science fiction. The invasion of Earth by an alien life form so strange as to be nearly unrecognizable to humans.
And quite terrifying.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

Geir

Quote from: oldrottenhead on October 23, 2013, 05:51:16 PMtwo chapters in and am gonna read everything by this fella

He's also the singer, guitarist and songwriter in a quite popular Norwegian band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfKRb4fiVPk
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

that's a pretty cool song........ just realised that the phantom was the last novel in a series doh! currently reading his novel "headhunters" now. would rate him up there with henning mankel but definitely a better singer.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

Quote from: oldrottenhead on November 07, 2013, 07:20:02 AMthat's a pretty cool song........ just realised that the phantom was the last novel in a series doh! currently reading his novel "headhunters" now. would rate him up there with henning mankel but definitely a better singer.
It is a cool song, I've played it live a few times with good friends ... always a hit and really fun to play/sing.

I've read all his crime novels, and enjoyed them all.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........