What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Started by SteveB, July 03, 2009, 02:53:03 AM

Having yet another go at completing The Silmarillion. Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Speed Demon

Started a new audiobook yesterday. Richter 10 by Arthur C. Clarke.

Imagine a series of earthquakes powerful enough to put all life on earth on a rapid down-hill slide to extinction.  

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

64Guitars

Quote from: Speed Demon on June 19, 2013, 07:16:54 AMStarted a new audiobook yesterday. Richter 10 by Arthur C. Clarke.

I like Arthur C Clarke. I read his "A Fall of Moondust" a couple of weeks ago. Really enjoyed it. I've read several others of his as well, but I haven't read "Richter 10" yet. I might check it out.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

I'm a nerd  :D

Whilst these are work-related, I'm interested in them outside of that. Neuroscience and behavioural economics are fascinating insights into how our brains do as little as possible when making decisions. Our only 'true' reaction happens in a split, unconscious second before all our fears, risk assessment, predjudices, and experience kick in. 

Would recommend anyone read the first Freakonomics book, along with 'The Tipping Point' by Malcolm Gladwell.

Greeny

^^^^ I have that Stephen King one waiting to be read oneday. I have a bit of a backlog though!

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on July 18, 2013, 10:14:58 AMcannea put this yin doon.

One of the better ones in the Culture series.

Didn't you just finish The Hydrogen Sonata a while back? Are you reading the series out of order, or have you read Matter before and just decided to read it again?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

i thought i had read all iain banks novels but i had missed that one so playing catch up, it is a story in it's own right so not a sequel or anything. but loving it.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Speed Demon

It didn't sell very well, so I guess that means its a success.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

peterp

Dazed but Not Confused: Tales of a Wilderness Wanderer
by  Kevin Callan

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"