What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Started by SteveB, July 03, 2009, 02:53:03 AM

suburban behemoth

Quote from: Flash Harry on September 11, 2012, 04:40:37 PMImplementing Microsoft Forefront 2010 Universal Access Gateway.

It's thoroughly riveting. It has it all: drama, sex, intrigue, betrayal, murder.... (I lie)

But you're sooo convincing. (me too).
recorder
Boss BR-864

peterp

Maybe not, if it is like most MS or IBM manuals murder or at least mayhem may come into the picture at some point.

Quote from: Flash Harry on September 11, 2012, 04:40:37 PMImplementing Microsoft Forefront 2010 Universal Access Gateway.

It's thoroughly riveting. It has it all: drama, sex, intrigue, betrayal, murder.... (I lie)

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

SteveB

birdsong-by-faulkes_zps2c0f5191.jpg Haven't seen the tv adaptation - which got some mixed reviews - but picked this up at the local library.
The author asks a simple question in the introduction: 'What was the Somme like before it became The Somme?'
And so the story begins in 1910/11 in northern France.
A bit slow at first - though we have the advantage of knowing what's coming to the area -but IMO an ultimately rewarding read.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Oldrottenhead

slowly working my way through everything ever written by henning mankell
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Facemask93

The Optimum Nutrition Bible--Patrick Holford

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

kenny mac

Diary of a rock and roll star  Ian hunter  ;D

IanR

The Finkler Question  - Howard Jacobson.

I'm about half way through.  Its funny but a bit tedious.  I don't really like the male characters, so I'm struggling at times.  Some of the female characters are interesting and have integrity. 

I've seen Jacobson on telly a few times over the years.  He's a very interesting character.

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

kenny mac

I'm reading,Diary of a rock,n,roll star by IAN HUNTER for the 100th time,one of the best books written about life on the road and being in a band ;D

Blooby

Biography on Peter Grant.  There's some fluff, but it's keeping me out of trouble.

Blooby

Oldrottenhead

the selfish gene by richard dawkins. braw tell yer maw.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann