Heat Rising

Started by SE, July 02, 2009, 07:48:40 PM

SE

HEAT__01
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Just back from holiday and this is just a mood, feeling of what it was like I,m still working on this and this is what I came up with today.
recorder
Boss BR-80

launched

Wow, for an in progress number it has a lot going for it. Sweet guitar work, and the vocals fit very well.

Reminds me a little of Ned's Atomic Dustbin - A cool band IMO.

I have a tech question: How did you get on of the guitar parts to sound off on one chanell and then dissipate into an echo on the other. That's a cool effect that I would love to learn how to do.

Catch you later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

OsCKilO

Sublime tune!

Is this yours?

Sounds like some hit from the late 80's!

Love the layers to the guitar!

I love your Voice....

Bass work was cool as well.... Hardly noticed it but it lifted the tune.... Was there bass in there?

Welcome back by the way....!!!!!
I hope the Kareoke on Holiday was Good Bro.....

Peace

T(Osckilo)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Satchwood

Excellent tune SE!!  Luv the layered echoing guitars & FX....and your voice - excellent!!  Like Duran Duran man, great stuff!!

iM FeeLing ReLaXed!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Geir

Cool song, and I agree with Mark SWEET guitar work .... great arrangement of the way the one guitar kinda fulfills the riff the first one starts!! I'd bring up the bass a few notches, but apart from that a good production too!.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

Definitely 80's-tinged. A bit Talk Talk to my ears, with a rhythm that sounds like 'A Forest' by The Cure. Perhaps that's why I like it so much! Love the big guitars. It's all hangs together wonderfully. This is a top-quality and lovely song. Could listen to stuff like this all day...

BossMicroBRew

Quote from: Greeny on July 03, 2009, 03:23:14 AMDefinitely 80's-tinged. Love the big guitars. It's all hangs together wonderfully.

agreed. definitely a song for the car.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

guitarron

nice atmosperic sound-i hear that 80's vibe as well

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SE

Hi thanks for the replies guys, it was really just trying to convey how hot it was on my break for a guy whow comes from the west of Scotland it hardly ever gets that hot here. Today it,s 18 c and raining in Cyprus it was nearly 40c, I when,t golfing and just about managed to finish too hot.

Hi Mark I not very techy myself. panned  both guitars 50 L and R added bucket loads of reverb 80. The bass when,t L10 reverb 80 and vocal R10 with the chorus effect, reverb 50.
During mastering used the mastering tool kit to up the mid range to ligthen it up a bit and added even more reverb, and then used the premaster effects patch to master.

How you doin,in Mr T. Osckilo I tend to write every thing I do cause I,m not very good at covers as my last effort shows,cover of the Monkees tune.

John
recorder
Boss BR-80

Bluesberry

Great atmospheric song.  Very cool.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200