Complete newbie and trying to understand my new gadget.

Started by HWG, July 02, 2009, 05:11:25 PM

HWG

Hi I've just bought a Boss Micro. My new project this year was to learn to play keyboard, guitar and ukulele, and do the impossible, learn to sing.
I bought the recorder to try to improve and see just how bad I sound to everyone else.  A bit scary  :o

I'll be asking lots of very basic questions, so I hope I won't be too annoying.

SteveB

HWG - Hello there. Welcome to the Forum. I'm a Newbie myself, and as has been said often before NO question is too dumb where the BR's are concerned.
Read the 6 words on the bottom of my post. They apply to everyone.  ;)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Greeny

Hi! And ask away - believe me, we all started in the same place as you! I was so scared after a week with the BR that I thought I'd made the wrong choice. Then I recorded something, and the rest, as they say, is history... lol

Bluesberry

Quote from: HWG on July 02, 2009, 05:11:25 PMHi I've just bought a Boss Micro. My new project this year was to learn to play keyboard, guitar and ukulele, and do the impossible, learn to sing.
I bought the recorder to try to improve and see just how bad I sound to everyone else.  A bit scary  :o

I'll be asking lots of very basic questions, so I hope I won't be too annoying.
I am in the process of learning to sing for about 2 years now (still learning), and with the micro and posting on here, it will improve steadily, thats my experience.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bro

Hello from Denmark!

First of all there is no such thing as too many questions! We are all happy to help a fellow mirco-recorder member!

Second. The standard of talent in this forum is high! But that does not mean that newbies aren't welcome. That means you get to learn from some of the best! So what are your waiting for? Pull out that recorder, press record and lets hear some! Can't wait to see what you come up with!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Diego Ayala

Epa HWG!  Welcome to the site from Nome-AK...  I am also a newbie to the site and the br recording - actualy recording in general.  Ojimi... is right, just jump in there and start pushing buttons and playing/singing into it!  Just think twice before bouncing tracks - make sure it goes to right one -ha!

BossMicroBRew

I have always asked, and will continue to ask, dumb questions. It's really a lot of fun! Welcome to the site. The BR is a world of inspiration.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

launched

Quote from: 0jimihendrix0 on July 04, 2009, 08:47:18 AMSo what are your waiting for? Pull out that recorder, press record and lets hear some! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

I was thinking the same thing!! :D The best way to get started is to use your equipment/instruments frequently and ask a lot of questions. Lots of helpful people here.

Welcome from New Hampshire, USA!!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bosko Schwartz

Hi HWG!

Musicians of all skill levels are welcome in this forum, that's the beauty of it.  It is the most encouraging, inspiring place a Boss owner can be!  I can't wait to hear your music!
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels