Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Saijinn Maas

To be honest, I didn't really care all that much for the first version. I thought the guitars were too clean to match the vocals and the leads had a tendency to walk on the vocals a bit. This version fits better I think. And I swear, the when the guitar lead first comes in, it reminds me of the Pixies! (Good Thing in my book!) So, given that, I definitely like THIS version over the the first.

SteveB

ASN - It looks as though you've crafted a bona fide crossover song which runs the gamut of appeal. Very well done. My opinion remains that the 1st version is preferable, but that is my choice. The assertion I made in the original thread, that this song has the potential to be covered by a host of stylists, seems to be borne out by the various comments of my fellow posters. If I were you, I'd start looking at large houses with swimming pools.  ;)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

mik perry

i like it,but then i am the vocalist/songwriter!
you can't take it with you!

Geir

Almost didn't want to listen to this one after the lovely other version. But I'm glad I did, this one have some good qualities! I think the production on this one is better, the total soundscape is more coherent. But still I think I prefer the other version. Somehow it fits the song better I think, and your voice is so good and expressive that it can hold the song even with a smaller arrangement.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ferryman

Nice to see some controversy for a change, we are normally so polite! My own view is that I much prefer this version. The guitars on the other version sound a bit too "plain" for my liking, and the vocals have a great rough edge to them that needs rockier guitars IMO. The other version is just too "nice" for my liking and sounds a bit middle of the road, like AOR. This has more attitude and power. I would love to hear more backing vox on the chorus to really build the power at that point. Great vox btw Mik.

Mind you, I am an old punk so anything that sounds a bit more grungy/indie is going to go down better with me!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

Cant please everyone all the time!

But It is great to get feedback from the Guys and gals on this site!

Not only do they know what they like.......The also know how to play and record!

I like both versions......

Cool contrast... One for each Occasion!

The Vocals are awesome.
Could make them a Little more "Dirty" to match the track...

Because the vocals are so powerful, they clash in places with the music...
Dirty would merge it all together....

Peace Guys

T(Osckilo)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

assassin

hI tHANKS FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS GUYS
I did try to do a version which was a cross between
the two. but some how it didnt sound right.
Ive gone with public opinuon and stayed with the original
softer version - as some of you have said it seams to fit the song better .
Funny coz this was the first thrown together version to see how the song sounded,
just shows you sometimes (sorry bout the pun )
Iam better off just going with the flow and not tryin so hard , just doing what feels right.
thanks for all the input guys.

SteveB

ASN - I played the 'softer' version yesterday from my computer folder. It really is an excellent song, and the debate that has been engendered by the two competing versions, and the number of people who have preferred the 'rockier' offering, shows that there is a cross-over appeal of the song itself. On a broader theme, just count how many different Artists' find a song and develop it in some way to suit their own style - this adaptability of the product is the essence of fine songwriting, and an example of this is your song: Sometimes.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

lg

OH YESSSSSS
This is too awesome!
I'm addicted to this one....
I must have missed this one before.

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!