Why hide?

Started by StevieM, July 02, 2009, 06:27:09 AM

StevieM

I see your point OJimi, but we don't have to say it---- just type it ;D
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Vanncad

My memory isn't very good so I just use the same user name for everything.

My memory isn't very good so I just use the same user name for everything.

;D
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: Greeny on July 02, 2009, 06:33:29 AMMy first user name was LesPaulGoldTop (which I just chose on a whim during sign-up), but I changed it to Greeny when I felt at home here.

So what does "Greeny" stand for or mean, Tim?
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Greeny

Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on July 02, 2009, 10:16:52 AM
Quote from: Greeny on July 02, 2009, 06:33:29 AMMy first user name was LesPaulGoldTop (which I just chose on a whim during sign-up), but I changed it to Greeny when I felt at home here.

So what does "Greeny" stand for or mean, Tim?

Greeny is what people call me at work and when I play football (soccer!). It's a not-very-imaginative extension of my surname: Green. I like the fact it's Peter Green's nickname too though!

Bro

Quote from: Greeny on July 02, 2009, 10:27:20 AMI like the fact it's Peter Green's nickname too though!

Oh come on! I want a virtuoso nickname too!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

AndyR

Quote from: Ferryman on July 02, 2009, 09:06:04 AM
Quote from: AndyR on July 02, 2009, 08:57:25 AMAnd people I know from my gigging days still think my name is Angus!

Have you stopped wearing those shorts and school cap then?  :)

:D
I was doing homemade folky accoustic songs in school assemblies, and someone wrote "The new Angus Young" against my name on a noticeboard.

I didn't have a clue who they were at the time, but I think "If you want blood" was released a month or two later.

NEway it kinda took off and stuck. I foolishly wrote it on the headstock of my guitar, so when I arrived at university, someone asked me why it was there, and they all started calling me Angus as well.

A couple of years later, I was in a metal band, and they all spent hours trying to come up with decent nicknames for everyone. I was called Mad Max 3 for a while (only 2 films existed at that time) because of some of the antics I caused... And then one day I said "You do realise that Angus is a nickname already don't you?" - and they all gaped and decided Angus was good enough then :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Sprocket

I spend alot of time online while at work, so I try and make it as difficult for them to track me as I possibly can. A quick google search of my name would show alot of activity...if I used my real name all the time.

Although, Ive recently(in the last year) switched my screen name up to Sprocket, which is what Im known as by my close friends...it was a nickname given to me years ago, after working in a bicycle shop for several years...I fix things for people often, so the nickname stuck. Only my family, co-workers and girlfriend call me by my given name anymore...but I dont normally introduce myself as Sprocket, its usually something others pick up on.

Tony W

Quote from: Sprocket on July 02, 2009, 11:11:01 AMI spend alot of time online while at work, so I try and make it as difficult for them to track me as I possibly can. A quick google search of my name would show alot of activity...if I used my real name all the time.

Although, Ive recently(in the last year) switched my screen name up to Sprocket, which is what Im known as by my close friends...it was a nickname given to me years ago, after working in a bicycle shop for several years...I fix things for people often, so the nickname stuck. Only my family, co-workers and girlfriend call me by my given name anymore...but I dont normally introduce myself as Sprocket, its usually something others pick up on.
Good thing you never took up proctology as a job, You'd have a crappy nickname.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

Quote from: Tony W on July 02, 2009, 12:28:46 PMGood thing you never took up proctology as a job, You'd have a crappy nickname.

Interesting.  That's actually how I got mine.

Blooby

OsCKilO

Work!

Internet search engines throw up loads of possiables if you dont put your surname in.....

If you do....... Not so Much......

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy