My new album, 'Beneath A Cold Sky'

Started by T.C. Elliott, April 25, 2024, 01:14:40 PM

T.C. Elliott

I released an album this past Monday. The only song I shared here was "Miss Lovely Eyes" but I figured free music might be of interest to a few people.

The album consists mainly of songs written during my mother's illness and just after her passing back in 2021. It's free on bandcamp and on most streaming services. Don't feel obligated to check it out but it's there if you're interested. Thanks to everyone here for making Songcrafters a great little pocket of the internet.

Mental Health Warning: Dark songs ahead, especially lyrically.
Beneath A Cold Sky @ Bandcamp
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Zoltan

Thanks! I'll take some time to listen to this properly.

Quality stuff put together with heart and soul can't be heard in a flash.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Ted

Thanks! Downloading now.

You might want to share here some of the great images that go with the songs – the photos you've been sharing on Instagram.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

Beneath A Cold Sky

Catchy music.  Rocks hard in an easy way.  The vocals fit it perfect.  Really nice singing in that mix too.
The lead guitar is classic TC sound and delivery.  Very very solid.
The song is very well recorded imo and really shines. 
Challenging lyrics.  I would guess millions can relate to this.  Questions people have. 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

Better Days

reminds me of The Offspring kind of song but done more acoustic... same kind of amazing energy...
being that I have been through similar experiences with my mom prior to 2018 I can relate to the entire song... I like the fact that you could sing about it so well... I doubt there is any better therapy in the world.
The song is strong and goes from mellow to full throttle the same way a young man might drive his crotch rocket leaving the stop light...
I dig the music... I generally don't delve too much into the meanings of the lyrics .... some artists are speaking absolute truth they experience and others its just a song... I don't try and decipher that anymore... it's about what happens in me!
the first two songs are really strong.. but most of your songs are imo...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

T.C. Elliott

Thanks you so much. I really appreciate the time you've taken to listen.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Blooby

Congratulations on releasing your music even though you went through quite a bit to compose it.

Will have to eke out some time for a proper listen.

Bruce

Farrell Jackson

T.C., your album, the songs and lyrics are very moving. You've chronologically captured a moment in time that a lot of people will or have experience. Your song "Staring at the clock" is so honestly played and sung that it's bound to hit  home with many.
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

T.C. Elliott

Thank you, Farrell. You're hearing the actual demo recording from the night I wrote it, just ten or so hours after my Mother passed. I used some studio magic to make it a little less harsh but it's the same recording from around 3:00 a.m.

I appreciate the kindness from everyone. It means a lot.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

SteveB

TC, I managed to listen to the first half-dozen tracks of your album, and straight-away I would contend that your Mom must have been very proud of her child in being able to write and produce such consistent high-quality songs. Well done there. And given the stated melancholic subject of the album, I confess to being a little surprised at having Dylan Thomas leap at me from track 1 raging about the dying-of-the-light! Excellent stuff from the go-get. The range and mixture of these first tracks are for me very well balanced, with the high-spot being the piano ballad Don't Let Go, though none of these tracks ever fall below the 'Excellent, must listen again', category. The musicality and production are top notch, so whatever it is that you are using to achieve this, keep using it. We have a busy Bank Holiday weekend in the UK just now, so I'll try and listen to the 2nd half next week. Very well done to you.  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon