NBD: Rickenbacker 4003S

Started by BerryPatch, April 22, 2024, 03:13:47 PM

BerryPatch

I've been waiting to get my hands on one of these for a long while. Finally pulled the trigger on an S model of these (more like McCartney's or Chris Squire's Ricks) in my favourite finish, fireglo. So far so great!

The tone is wicked from this thing, the bridge pickup alone is amazing. I usually find soloing the bridge on a lot of basses to be sorta thin sounding but certainly not on this! Beefy tones for days with this thing!

It comes with a built-in mute system on the bridge too which will be fun to play around with. With a pick and muted it gives off a Beatles vibe that I'm will be closer once I put flats on it (that won't be for a while though!).

Very happy so far!

20240422_163248.jpg
20240422_175628.jpg
20240422_181502.jpg 

cuthbert

Wowie - congratulations! I love the piano-like tone and sustain on the 4000 series. Looking forward to hearing it in your songs!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Blooby

That is quite the trio of basses. I can't wait till you get your inner Lemmy on.

Congrats!

Bruce

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

AndyR

Very nice :)

Ric Bass is on my wishlist... has been for years.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Mike_S

A thing of beauty. Just for looks alone that is a great purchase, but seems like it sounds just as good.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ted

My first two basses were a Hofner copy violin bass (as seen here) and a Fender Jazz that didn't actually belong to me (as seen here). And I've always wanted a Rickenbacker. So far I don't think I've ever even touched one – not even in a music store. You are living my bass dream.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Zoltan

That thing is a beauty! But knowing how much it costs... I can live without it :D
Quote from: BerryPatch on April 22, 2024, 03:13:47 PMonce I put flats

Quote from: Ted on April 24, 2024, 10:42:47 AMYou are living my bass dream.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Ted

Quote from: Zoltan on April 24, 2024, 01:45:31 PM
Quote from: BerryPatch on April 22, 2024, 03:13:47 PMonce I put flats

Quote from: Ted on April 24, 2024, 10:42:47 AMYou are living my bass dream.

Zoltan is trying to provoke me. I am a disciple of the Church of Roundwounds. Although I will not proselytize or intervene if you defile that beautiful bass with flats, I will silently judge you, and pray for your soul.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac