Live jam on the beach?

Started by StevieM, July 01, 2009, 03:11:18 PM

StevieM

This probably only applies to anyone in the UK ( unless anyone's visiting?), but if you're down my way at all, Cornwall, do you fancy a bit of a jam on the beach? or cliff top, or woods? Unplugged of course ;D
Sorry, no shack by a lake though ;)
Give me a shout if you do.
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Greeny

I probably won't be down your way this summer, although I have in the past. I'll definitely bear this in mind when I'm planning my next trip!

ianjm

I should be in newquay now body boarding with the lad but the wifes new kitchen won.

Guess who has to fit it and do the decorating >:(

StevieM

Bugger, missed the replies to this, sorry guys.

Oh well, next time maybe. Just fancied getting something acoustic down live with the waves on the beach and a bit of wind blowing around. Suppose I'll just have to find a decent backer and go do it all own my ownsome :'(

Any kind soul out there fancy doing said backer for me? Please??Pretty please??? :)

I know it's not the beach, but if anyone's around Northampton ( well, Kelmarsh actually) the weekend of 25th this month, I'll be be at the Living History show there all weekend.
It's open to the public Sat/Sun, but we'll be there from Thurs, so Fri or Sat eve would be good.
If you let me know you're coming ( or is it going? :-\) I might even be able to wangle you getting in for nothing if you come for a day ;).
There's a REALLY good beer tent!!!!!!
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Bro

Screw that, why do i live in Denmark?! :(

I really would like some tasty acoustic blues jams with you guys!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Flash Harry

It's strange that you mentioned this, last year I went up to Mallaig in Scotland where the film Local Hero was shot. I took my guitar and amp and an inverter with the intention of playing the theme (you know, Mark Knopfler) at dusk to the seagulls, because we all know that there is nothing there but sand and sea - they tricked me, it's full of houses and caravans and not a place to be cranking up that amp at 9pm. So I didn't do it. Another dream dashed. Ho hum.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

StevieM

Quote from: 0jimihendrix0 on July 07, 2009, 02:09:26 PMScrew that, why do i live in Denmark?! :(

I really would like some tasty acoustic blues jams with you guys!
Who knows, you may get over here sometime, you've got LOTS of time, not like some of us old buggers on here  :( ;D

Quote from: Flash Harry on July 07, 2009, 03:17:03 PMIt's strange that you mentioned this, last year I went up to Mallaig in Scotland where the film Local Hero was shot. I took my guitar and amp and an inverter with the intention of playing the theme (you know, Mark Knopfler) at dusk to the seagulls, because we all know that there is nothing there but sand and sea - they tricked me, it's full of houses and caravans and not a place to be cranking up that amp at 9pm. So I didn't do it. Another dream dashed. Ho hum.
Well Flash, if you get down this way bring the amp, I know a couple of places where it'd be fine, nearest house that matters probably about half a mile or so away!! ;D

Greeny

Quote from: Flash Harry on July 07, 2009, 03:17:03 PMIt's strange that you mentioned this, last year I went up to Mallaig in Scotland where the film Local Hero was shot. I took my guitar and amp and an inverter with the intention of playing the theme (you know, Mark Knopfler) at dusk to the seagulls, because we all know that there is nothing there but sand and sea - they tricked me, it's full of houses and caravans and not a place to be cranking up that amp at 9pm. So I didn't do it. Another dream dashed. Ho hum.

I love this!!!! There's a short film or story in this for sure. Oh... the disappointments of life.

Did you see the late show special when Mark Kermode went there with Bill Forsyth? It was his first time back there, apparently. They watched a special screening of the film in the village hall. Mr Forsyth looked pretty uncomfortable with the whole thing.