Born in the U.S.A

Started by kenny mac, April 20, 2024, 04:47:39 AM

Trist

cool cover, have you heard the live blues slower version he done of this i think you would do that real well.

Pete C

Brilliant cover Kenny. I've been googling 2 chord songs for the Fest and was surprised this was one but it is ! Most excellent !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Ted

This is not a song you can pull off without a strong vocal performance. Congrats!

I've always had mixed feelings about this song. It's makes an excellent litmus test to see which of my fellow Americans are kind of stupid: the ones who think this is a patriotic anthem.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

Quote from: Ted on April 23, 2024, 01:13:11 PMThis is not a song you can pull off without a strong vocal performance. Congrats!

I've always had mixed feelings about this song. It's makes an excellent litmus test to see which of my fellow Americans are kind of stupid: the ones who think this is a patriotic anthem.

lol.. you are right.. it is along the lines of "Golden Country" from Reo Speedwagon... not really a compliment...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Mike_S

Cracking version Kenny. You sing with all the conviction of the mighty Bruce himself. He would approve I am sure. Great version hugely enjoyed.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Zoltan

Kenny, the only one who could do this song justice.
The vocs are strong. The main riff sounds a bit like it was played on bagpipes (!). I'm not sure if it's intentional, or not but it does add an interesting feel to it.

This was the first song that popped my mind as a two chord song. It hardly sounds like it because it's builds so cleverly.

I hope Bruce hears this one. Would be a magical moment if he'd ask Kenny on stage and sing this as a duet with him.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Farrell Jackson

Like all the rest have mentioned, I never zeroed in on this song being a two chorder. Great vocal work and music Kenny...you hit the bullseye with this one!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?