90 in the Shade

Started by Pine, July 01, 2009, 01:24:13 PM

Pine

Quote from: BossMicroBRew on July 02, 2009, 01:04:29 PMPinedog,
Blues are my favorite, man. Good one. This is a real inspiration, seriously. The mastering and recording you laid down really produced an excellent sounding track, too.
BossMicroBRew

Hi BMB...your words are an inspiration...because mixing and mastering have given me fits in the past d/t my severe hearing impairment. I tend to use the same mastering setting for the most part and take day long breaks or more between mixing sessions. Using headphones is a MUST for me...unless i maybe get a Marshall half stack for my studio monitors  ;D
   Thanks again for wandering so far down on the boards...
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Greeny

Oh yes. I love that fuzzy blues grind! And what great, rocked-up lead playing. This is a really feel-good song. Would love to see this live in a bar with a cold beer! The harmonies reminded me of 'wrapping paper' by Cream. Tasty stuff my friend!

Pine

Hey Tim! Thanks for stoppin' in for a listen. Glad ya liked it...it was fun to do and in reality really did bring me up out of a dark mood. Music is magic!
recorder
Boss BR-1200

launched

Quote from: Pinedog on July 02, 2009, 11:03:00 AM...I never really tried a double track, wide pan on guitars quite like that and i was pretty happy with how it came out...remined me a bit of the Allman Bros. sounds. Used to listen to them alot at one point way back when...

I'm a sucker for doubletracking/panning because it was meant for "eh" musicians like me. Brings the already dull to life. That's why you don't use it much, because you never needed it :D :D It does sound cool with your playing, though!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Pine

:D Believe me Mark...i need all the help i can get. The 1200 is my ultimate "smoke and mirrrors" machine  ;) Slowly but surely i am finding what works and what doesn't for me. I have spent far more time just experimenting on my rig than actually recording....and i still feel like i have barely scratched the surface. Ya know what they need to do? They need to have a special spot on the unit where you place your finger. You then press "Internalize" and the entire tech manual is downloaded into your brain!  :o    Thanks for stoppin' by...i always value your observations and take on things.
recorder
Boss BR-1200

launched

Quote from: Pinedog on July 05, 2009, 05:33:18 AMYa know what they need to do? They need to have a special spot on the unit where you place your finger. You then press "Internalize" and the entire tech manual is downloaded into your brain! 

I read you there :D
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

SteveB

PDG - This raunchy little number has just been dowloaded into my BR-MP3 folder. A veritable toe-tapper. Well done. I'll be back to listen to the rest of the thread presently.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Geir

Wow Charlie!! Another treat from you I missed during my vacation. I love this one, feelgood bluesrock with lots of harmonies!!

Those harmony guitar lick are just PERFECT !!!!

Straight to my Pinedog folder !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

SteveG

Quote from: Pinedog on July 02, 2009, 08:55:25 AMThis is about it for my blues stuff...not sure where from here...

More blues  ::)

Great song, great playing and great vocals too, enjoyed that a lot!

Pine

Hi Geir...thanks for stoppin' by and given a listen. I realized after i did those guitar tracks that i could have tried to copy and paste or use a doubler or harmonizer instead of "the old fashioned way"..lol...but it was good practice anyhow..the song is very appropriate for today...it will be well over 90 in the shade here...

Steve thank you once again for all your support on my blues project. I'm sure someday i'll go back to it but for now, gonna go exploring in the acoustic world i think.
recorder
Boss BR-1200