90 in the Shade

Started by Pine, July 01, 2009, 01:24:13 PM

Pine

03 NINETY IN THE SHADE
Time:
0:00
Volume:
ok...just one more blues for the collection...

I think it was Muddy Waters who said, " The Blues had a Baby and they called it Rock n' Roll"..

If it wasn't him, it was somebody else  :D

Ninety in the Shade
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Satchwood

Great rockin blues tune PD!!  Love the guitars and your voice fits great - luv the solo!! 

Great song for me to sing out here in Phoenix - except I'd have to sing "Hundred n Nine in the Shade"   :o
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

The Reverend 48

Way To Go Wer'e up to 90 in Manchester UK..........
Great Rockin Blues Pinedog Keep em coming!
I love the chorus singers
And as always some very tasty licks

Pine

Thanks Satch...glad ya liked it. i KNEW you of all folks would appreciate the lyrics...Don't know how you do it out there in that heat! Over 80 here and i pretty much shut down anymore..

Thanks 48...that was my first try at a "parrot chorus". It was fun to do and i thought the subject matter appropriate to post this time of year. This is about it for my blues stuff...not sure where from here...
recorder
Boss BR-1200

launched

"My sanity's been stolen - and I'm lookin' for the thief" -  8)

I like what this addition has provided to your blues collection - panned double tracked guitars (I love that stuff!), hot solos, crunchy rhythm and cool background vox.

Love it!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

SteveB

PDG - Every corner you turn on this Forum heralds another jaw-dropper. Absolutely first-class. Well done. The 'parrot chorus' works a treat also, I presume this was achieved with Harmony Function on the 1200? Or do you have even more talents?!!
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Pine

hey thanks for givin' a listen and for your kind and supportive comments Mark. I never really tried a double track, wide pan on guitars quite like that and i was pretty happy with how it came out...remined me a bit of the Allman Bros. sounds. Used to listen to them alot at one point way back when...

Thanks Steve for stoppin' by. I know there IS a harmony function on the 1200...and i have heard it used very well...but i haven't got to that yet...still a newbie really with this unit. I did the parrotting myself on individual tracks. Is wasn't hard...no harmonies involved...just got right up close to the sm58, cranked the gain as far as i could get away with, sang in kind of a soft, breathy voice and used no effects.
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Bluesberry

Really great sounding guitars there.  Great overall job.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

BossMicroBRew

Pinedog,
Blues are my favorite, man. Good one. This is a real inspiration, seriously. The mastering and recording you laid down really produced an excellent sounding track, too.
BossMicroBRew
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Pine

Quote from: Bluesberry on July 02, 2009, 12:18:45 PMReally great sounding guitars there.  Great overall job.

Thanks BB! It was a hoot to do!  ;D
recorder
Boss BR-1200