"The Flow of Time" w/Lurker

Started by Blooby, April 17, 2024, 11:10:30 AM

Greeny

It had me on the first note. There's so much space in that first part to let the amazing guitar and vocal breathe. It reminds me of Rich Robinson's band 'Magpie Salute': Americana, but with a more thoughtful edge. Then the next sections are mindblowing. The overlapping guitar delay parts are both proggy and psychedelic. And then that reverse delay stuff. It's a great song, and a great showcase for guitar pedals & skills. Amazing talents from the both of you.

Trist

Great vocals and style, liked the guitar has a doors style feel to it with its poetic phrase, the more faster section is very intersting, like modern meets ole style in the prog rock genre with the beat its epic and requires serveral listens to appreciate its maginitude, i enjoyed . vocals are killer would make a great ending to a epic album

Ted

Yesterday I saw this, and I said to myself, "I don't have time for a 9-minute song. Maybe tomorrow."

Today I'm sitting at my computer, a bit anxious to start my workday, and a bit stressed out about a handful of things. Again I'm in a terrible frame of mind to dive into a 9 minute song – and I'm already 3 1/2 minutes in. You know what? I'm going to go sit in my armchair, close my eyes, and start from the beginning.

10 minutes later...

Woooo! Much better.

Quote from: Lurker on April 17, 2024, 06:52:41 PMThe mind is drawn by sights and sounds
Some delight, some distract
They will always line your path

The lyrics even advised me be conscious of where I focus my attention, but I missed that part on the first playthrough.

What a song! Great playing. Great lyrics – fantastical and grounded.

Downloaded.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

Quote from: Ted on April 26, 2024, 12:57:02 AMYesterday I saw this, and I said to myself, "I don't have time for a 9-minute song. Maybe tomorrow."

Today I'm sitting at my computer, a bit anxious to start my workday, and a bit stressed out about a handful of things. Again I'm in a terrible frame of mind to dive into a 9 minute song – and I'm already 3 1/2 minutes in. You know what? I'm going to go sit in my armchair, close my eyes, and start from the beginning.

10 minutes later...

Woooo! Much better.

Quote from: Lurker on April 17, 2024, 06:52:41 PMThe mind is drawn by sights and sounds
Some delight, some distract
They will always line your path

The lyrics even advised me be conscious of where I focus my attention, but I missed that part on the first playthrough.

What a song! Great playing. Great lyrics – fantastical and grounded.

Downloaded.

this is proof of why Ted is a guru!  wow.  that is so righteous Ted.  I love it.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner