Whatever

Started by DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee, April 15, 2024, 11:24:36 AM

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

whatever SC MIX
Time:
0:00
Volume:
A new song. Keith came up with the idea for this. I think he's been reminising about the good old days from our youth. 
Ive added some drums, keys and organ to it and mixed it.

Whatever Happened

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO YOU?
WHATEVER HAPPENED TO ME?
AND ALL OUR YOUTH OF YESTERDAY

Oh how we became so boring
On a mobile all night, till morning
Only to follow, whatever it says...a...hey...heys

All they listen to ... is whingy-whiney music
All they listen to...

(CHORUS)

Barrat dat dar ... dah da dah
Barrat dat dar ... dah da dah
And all our youth of yesterday

All they listen to...

(INST BREAK)
(CHORUS)
Whatever happened to space invaders?
Hopscotch, marbles, doctors and nurses?
Classic games we all used to play...a hey-hey!
(CHORUS)

Lyrics: Kallen@2024

I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

chapperz66

Wow - this is good stuff.  Nostalgic themed music perfectly underscoring the lyrics.  Absolutely love the harmony guitar solo.  Oh -  and spot on production.

Perfect!

Paul 

Ray Brookes

Cool nostalgic song lyrically and again super production, Darren. Keith's vocal work is spot on as always. I usually get a Beatles vibe with your tracks which is fantastic and this one is no exception. Love it.
Ray Brookes

Pipes

All they listen to...

What lines.....

Got to love a good lyric.

Great feel to this composition, captures the reminiscing soul beautifully.

No Whinging here.. x

Lovely
Nick

Greeny

Beautiful. And true! Such a lovely, comforting concoction. Total ear candy from start to finish. It sounds like a lost pop classic. It should be a lost pop classic. Or the theme tune from an obscure TV series (like 'Brushstrokes'). Amazing work!

thetworegs

On the button lyrically and backed by a beautiful melody who could ask for more excellent

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

StephenM

I am with Tim.... this feels like a TV show theme song... and could be a late 60's or early 70's pop tune... they were hit and miss... but this one is really good... very happy sounds... sort of defies the lyrics a bit... we did have it better than kids today in my mind...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Pru

very likeable song and very nicely presented with fabulous vocals and production

Trist

Great track production, vocals guitars drums everything is excellent, a very fun joyful nostalgic  track, could be a theme song for a tv show enjoyed this one a lot, its a great listen. nice work guys as always

Mike_S

Just love it lads. This is so great and I am with the sentiment 100%. Whatever effects on the lead guitars is so damn good. Heaps the nostalgia on somehow. Brilliant lads.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand