Honesty The Policy

Started by Ray Brookes, April 12, 2024, 05:51:43 PM

Greeny

Comes across more like 'We didn't start the fire' than Dylan (to my ears). Drives along fast and furious, and those solo chops are amazing. I especially love the proggy breakdown sections, but there's lots of great stuff going on here. Superb performance and production!

thetworegs

Loving it a touch of Dylan poetry suits you the nail is most certainly knocked on the head

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Pipes

Great..

Love the way you fit those vocals in...just blooming great, works so well :)

Creative Indeed :)

Nick

Johnbee

You're covering a lot of ground here, Ray.  Great work.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Pru

never know what you are going to do next unc. fabulous song

maxit

Cool one. A very different kind of song, I like it much!
recorder
Audacity

Ted

Quote from: Ron D Bowes on April 14, 2024, 05:12:22 AMA touch of punk on the verses!

I was thinking the same thing. And the chorus reminds me of some moments in songs by The Who.

My only complaint is that it sounds a little lossey – as in too much MP3 compression. The bitrate is 256 kb/s so that doesn't explain it. Your songs are usually much cleaner than this.

Super cool song. I'd like to hear a crisper version.

Edit: Hold that thought. Everything on my computer sounds like that right now. Need to look into if this is something on my side.

Edit 2: Never mind. After rebooting my computer this morning, the bad lossey effect is gone.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Zoltan

This is great and works on so many levels. The lyrics, the composition, the arrangement. A rocker with a brain? That's a first (Nah, i'm sure Ray has done it before :)). Then it goes into progeland.

So much talent put into a song.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper