Started by Jean Pierre, April 11, 2024, 07:04:57 AM

Jean Pierre

One Sweet Hello Merle Haggard-001
Time:
0:00
Volume:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zZXhRPZ_C8
I wanted to play a Dobro instrumental, so here it is

[url="https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=196324;type=preview;file"]One Sweet Hello Merle Haggard-001.mp3[/url]   One Sweet Hello is an old song of Merle Haggard, in 1971

Merle Haggard was an American country music singer, songwriter, guitarist, and fiddler.

This version is instrumental with my Dobro Epiphone, Ibanez elecro acoustique, and Uke bass Kala
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

the physics teacher

I looked up the original because I didn't know the artist or the song.
You did a good job on it JP.
I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

Farrell Jackson

Very nice JP! The dobro and the Ibanez sounds so sweet! Merle Haggard is from Oildale, California. A town about 200 miles south of me. My parents played his records all the time when I was growing up. You did a great instrumental version of his song!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Jean Pierre

thank you Corné and Farrell

..I must say that I didn't know Merle Haggard whom I discovered indirectly through this instrumental version...I listened a bit ..and I like it I read his biography on wiki,..he had a rather "eventful" youth
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Ted

Great playing! Merle Haggard was off limits to me growing up – having internalized an anti-country-music snobbery. This recording of yours is another sad reminder of what I missed out on because of my aversion to the genre. I think my dad liked Merle Haggard, but he was mostly a Roger Miller guy.

The bass sounds really good. I was wondering if you used your BIAB friend, but ...

Quote from: Jean Pierre on April 11, 2024, 07:04:57 AMUke bass Kala

No! Excellent!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Jean Pierre

thanks Ted ...I don't really like country music except when there's a telecaster with that sound so twangy I love it, and then I love lap steel and pedal steel guitar, so I like country music ...but not always the lyrics often a bit (a lot) shabby

For the bass you're very perceptive Ted ..I first made a backtrack with BIAB but as the bass was quite simple I played it (in biab there's not only the famous backtrack with the real tracs) but also the solfege and tablature score of all the instrumental parts so you can play them very well yourself (what do the people expect!)

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Greeny

Tres bon! A really lovely piece. I love all those instruments individually and collectively.

Ray Brookes

You play that instrument so beautifully, JP
Ray Brookes