Just Leave Me Alone

Started by Mike_S, April 11, 2024, 03:08:26 AM

Johnbee

Great tune.  One suggestion-Put a little more verb on the lead vocals.  They sound a bit dry.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Ray Brookes

This got me straight from that opening guitar riff. Great song, Mike; great lyrics and instrumentation. Stellar raw rocker driven by those rhythm guitars
Ray Brookes

TPB

Wow outstanding rythmn playing along with top notch vocals what is not to like
Smoking tune
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

godinqc

The guitars sounds great .. great lyrics also
Very well mixed .. Well done ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

SteveB

Mike, this is a blinder, and well worth the admission for a listen. However, I have to agree with Hardlock here. That central lead guitar should be made more prominent, because you know why? Just bring it up in the mix with the panned rhythm guitars and listen. What you basically have is the 1970s rock group Free belting away in your song – Paul Kossoff giving it some nipple!
It's an excellent song and production, I just think you do yourself a disservice by hiding the central lead guitar. By the way, tell me to bugger-off if the mix you uploaded is the one you want?! Well done anyway.  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Ron D Bowes

Like the chunky delivery of the guitar. Gutsy vocals. Got a Stones flavour on this one and as you know, that is right up my street!

Trist

Cool crunchy rock riff. good production sound and performance and i like the theme, Enjoyed its a cool good song

StephenM

Quote from: SteveB on April 13, 2024, 04:20:03 PMMike, this is a blinder, and well worth the admission for a listen. However, I have to agree with Hardlock here. That central lead guitar should be made more prominent, because you know why? Just bring it up in the mix with the panned rhythm guitars and listen. What you basically have is the 1970s rock group Free belting away in your song – Paul Kossoff giving it some nipple!
It's an excellent song and production, I just think you do yourself a disservice by hiding the central lead guitar. By the way, tell me to bugger-off if the mix you uploaded is the one you want?! Well done anyway.  8)

it's totally ok imo to comment on mixes... and I do pay attention... we all do... sometimes we leave as is but notes for another time... I would say however that 50 sound men will do it at least  45 different ways... and I am learning there are hard "musts"...( turn the darned guitars down, pay attention to overlap frequencies blinding out the others, vocals should be king (usually))  but the little things can be creative and very different.  I love mixing... it is as much fun as playing imo.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

This is a brilliant song Mike, one of your best I've heard. I really love the tones in the guitars.
I like that start/ stop playing with the chords. Brilliant lead work. Great drums and love the lyrics and vocals.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

SE

This is comes to my head,just too good.
Loving the riff and chorus, but this is too cool!
recorder
Boss BR-80