HWNN

Started by TPB, April 09, 2024, 07:50:14 PM

TPB

HWNN
Time:
0:00
Volume:
TwoChordsFest (banner image missing)

Ok I started out doing this song traditional acoustic with a bass line got bored only playing two chords so I thought I would take this song and do it Steve style only two chords Em and F#min, sorry if I offended any purists in the group but I had a blast  doing something different from the band America
tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Jean Pierre

I think it's very well done Tim; how did you do the organ?
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

StephenM

Way cool Tim...
I didn't get it at first.  That organ and drum dragged me right into its vortex. 
I love the band America (not live though) and I really wasn't crazy about this one.  However I dig what you are doing.
Super work imo... loving the vocals

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

A great version of this America song Tim! I like the (2) all minor chords and vocals to match. I think you should call it horse with no mane, lol. Super good!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

thetworegs

Liking this Tim as I say about covers this has been truly TIM'ED great job with those keys you gave America a doors flavor

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

SteveB

Wow, Tim, so laid-back but still punchy-as-hell! Musically top-notch, with vibe and throb chugging throughout. Love that cheeky a capella ending, too. First-class, Sir, well done.   8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Ted

Quote from: TPB on April 09, 2024, 07:50:14 PMI thought I would take this song and do it Steve style

That was my first thought, even before I read your post!

I too am trying to do what Steve does, but it evades me. Congratulations!

It sounds like you had fun doing this – because it's a fun listen.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

chapperz66

Cool version and festival submission.  Loving the Hammond.

Paul

StephenM

what blows my mind on this is at first I thought it was "Spooky".... this blows my mind Tim...
you don't want to do what Steve does... you want to be free'd to do what you do...
and man alive this blows my mind.

I now will forever adore this song.  You just made it valid.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

Oh my i'm loving this! That organ, that bassline and those vocals.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper