We're Drinkin The Koolaide!

Started by StephenM, April 09, 2024, 05:16:16 PM

StephenM

We're Drinkin The Koolaide!
Time:
0:00
Volume:
so damn... this is killin me...

I am trying to get somewhere musically... and the road is fun... and the road is interesting... and there are endless possibilities.  So what happens?  When?  You? Listen to a Blooby song while posting your song? 

2 Harley Benton PRS copy tracks
1 Shecter bass
1 set Tama Imperialstar drums

the Zoom L-20 is marketed as a live recording board that can be used as a mixer.... so I wanted to mix this totally on the zoom... the guitar sounds come from the Boss BR1600 and the bass too.... with a bit of on board effects off the Zoom.

sound men matter... they can make you sound killer... rock on sound men!

2 vocal tracks.  Not a valid attachment ID.We're Drinkin The Koolaide!.mp3

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

This is a trip, or is this THE trip? Jim Jones got there first, but that doesn't mean Tom didn't have anything to do with it. What am i talking here? Who knows? The Who cares? Did they really?

I can vision ZZ Top stealing this and recording it as "Laxatives for Larry".
That wailin' intro lick. Nearly did me in. I had to check it twice (!) to hear it if was the good ol' Steph letting out a battle cry, or if it was the guitar spilling its guts.

Special mention goes to the extended outro. The song that just didn't want to end.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

kenny mac

Nice one Stephen, musically I'm seeing a big shift for you.
You put a lot in here,well done.

Johnbee

Loving the guitar tones.  Crazy (or could it be political?) lyric line consistent with your style.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

thetworegs

I feel I've entered into your mind with this one listening secretly from behind the open door...good guitar work it keeps leading you on further down the rabbit hole 

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Ted

What is that chunky guitar tone? It's "Louie Louie" and it's Lou Reed.

"You've got to admit, it tastes pretty good." That might seem like a throwaway line, but it's everything.

Of course it tastes pretty good!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

Quote from: Ted on April 12, 2024, 02:03:52 AMWhat is that chunky guitar tone? It's "Louie Louie" and it's Lou Reed.

"You've got to admit, it tastes pretty good." That might seem like a throwaway line, but it's everything.

Of course it tastes pretty good!

it is totally the boss br1600 guitar patches.  I don't remember which one.... but I love them. and they can be edited.  I don't need any new gear.  I just need to study the old ones better.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ted

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ray Brookes

Another voyage into the creative mind of Stephen. Love those guitar tones, Steve and your unique crazy vocal work.
Ray Brookes

godinqc

I totally agree:  Another voyage into the creative mind of Stephen.
Great guitar tone , I also really liked the "Rush" guitar vibe around the 3:00 mark..
Well done ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800