Dreaming Again - a Tworegs chapperz original

Started by chapperz66, April 09, 2024, 12:00:25 PM

chapperz66

03 - The Chapman Smith Collective - Dreaming Again
Time:
0:00
Volume:
So here is another fairly happy song from the Chapman Smith Collective.  If we're not careful people might get the wrong idea about us!

Trevor sent me a demo of this sometime last year but I was having some mojo issues at the time.

There is a full band on this one but I just had to work with Mr Smith's stunning acoustic guitars.  I  decided to head for new territory and try to play some bottleneck guitar during the intro - I think this might be a first for me.

I used The Hammond B3 and piano from Arturia V Collection and loads of Brass from various Spitfire libraries with each instrument played individually by me.  The drums were largely programmed in EZDrummer 3.  The guitar parts were all on a Strat through my Fractal axefx2.

As usual I had to rip it at a very low quality bitrate to fit here so I would urge you to try the Soundcloud posting at:

https://soundcloud.com/chapman-smith-collective/dreaming-again?si=79296a6c5e2d4da1a274cc5f7d2ec7e0&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Start dreaming again
You almost drown dreaming  in the fountain youth
They come into the mind as the gospel truth
Then the dreams gets lost in the adults suspicion
Become partitioned in life's transition

But You gotta find a way of getting up and starting the
day with a smile
Stop looking out of the window and only seeing the rain
Gotta find a way to enjoy life getting older everyday
Start dreaming ,start dreaming  again

Start to dream of travel to see that world that's out there
Listen to the birds dream while watching the clouds fly by
Dreaming of something to get away from the things that bother you
Learn how to get your mind to fly

You gotta find a way of getting up and starting the
day with a smile
Gotta find a way to enjoy life getting a bit  older everyday

You've watched your children grow then fly
Lived their dreamslike they were your own
Its time to take those dreams back for yourself 
Put those drams back into your life
And start the old you to come back alive

You gotta find a way of getting up and starting the
At day with a smile
Gotta find a way to enjoy life getting older everyday
yeah Start dreaming ,start dreaming  again

Blooby

Oh, this is wonderful. Congrats on the slide. I don't have the guts yet. That lopey bass is fantastic. This is going to sound obscure, but the intro part reminded me of the Freddy Jones Band. They were on the pop side of the jamband seen here in the states a few decades ago.

Killer singing, arrangement, and performances. And a very cool build with the killer change in dynamics. Love the frenetic outro lead. So much good stuff.

Blooby

Ray Brookes

Lots of great elements in this track. Vocals, instrumentation, arranging and production are all top notch. The slide guitar works well, mate. Enjoyed.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

howeephukman!  phukmewithapogostick.

Iamcursingandswearingthisissodamngood.
findawayenjoystartdreamingagain.
damnrights.
birdsandtreesandtheclouds.
mandudeyougettingeversomoreamazing.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

this is so off the charts... a major killer... as in awesome rock song.... well done mates... well done

I bow down to your incredible talents... all over this track... wow.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

hardlock

recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Greeny

A real cracker. Talent all over it, and that finale is epic. Such a big-sounding song and production. Brilliant work from the both of you.

Johnbee

Wow!  This is a true high class listening experience!  Where do I start with what I like?  Really, it's all good.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Ted

I started listening to this last night at 11 o'clock. At 30 seconds in I thought, "Oh no. This'll keep me up all night." I forced myself to pause it so I could go to sleep and start dreaming.

This morning: Whoah yeah! This song rocks from that bottleneck slide intro to ending with Chappers' shredding. Trevor's vocals are full of urgency – Time is not on your side, old man! Start dreaming again! This is the kind of song that comes along and I feel as though it was written just for me – the message I need.

This could have just been a guitar, bass, drums, and voice song – but not with Chappers involved. The additional instrumentation – organ, horns, piano, lifts the song. The drum programming great – very natural sounding.

I particularly like the middle section around 2:50 to 3:20. The song starts to falter into a bit of indecision, chaos, and confusion, as if to say, "This is you. Right now. Get your shit together." And then song gets its shit back together.

And then it ends with a silly anticlimactic bonk! Like life itself. So start dreaming again. Right?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Pipes

Wow..

So damn clever :)

Such glorious production and thoughtfulness.

Deserves many listens to fully appreciate what went into producing this.

Really good on all fronts.

Brilliant playing, Inventiveness and the use of Instrumentation is more than talented.

Great vocal delivery as to be expected.

Well done chaps.
Nick x