Can You Do Something From Your Soul?

Started by StephenM, April 07, 2024, 04:42:29 PM

StephenM

Can You Do
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Do Not Conform!  Don't be like any others all around!  They say their robes are white, but they don't hold up in the light.  Spewing same old stuff they heard.  It's getting absurd. 

Can't you do something from your soul?
Can't you just let go!

Wanna have sex?  Wanna have it with your ex?
Don't be led by her disguise
She want's your suicide. 

Just Say No!  Nike ain't the only hoe!
Get a Massey Ferguson
It's cheaper than a donkey. 

Don't be led astray, by what others all say.
They would put you in the ground.
No love is what they found. 

When you play with your self a lot
you'll get real good at it!

When you play with your self a lot

Wanna have sex?  Wanna have it with your ex?
Don't be led by her disguise
She want's your suicide. 

Can't you just let go! Do it from the soul

She's a lady,
she's a high score.
You're damn right I gotta replay
I'm going in for more

She wore red,
she got high heels
she gotta line running down her stockings
I'm zooming in for sure.

well... this was alot of fun.  I did the drums seperate.  first just the kick.  Then just the hi hat.  and third just the snare.  Then I started playing with the drum sounds.  wow.  this is really alot of creative fun.  The guitar is my HB PRS copy.  I like it more since I talked bad about it.  It is like it fixed itself.  Tho I have been using the rhythm pickup and mid switch more than bridge. 
The guitars were (1 track of guitars multiplied) started off the boss br1600 along with the bass sounds.  But I did a lot of trickery with various plug ins.  Again, alot of fun.
One thing I love about recording.  It is fun to experiment and try things and learn for the next time.
pretty much mixed on the zoom L20 and audacity and mastered with Masterdesk True Peak

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Greeny

A great guitar tone and sound. An excellent wild, stream-of-consciousness ride. There are also touches of Reg in here on the vocal (to me ears). Really good stuff!

Ted

This sounds like a great tagline for a community that helps people get better at home recording:

Quote from: StephenM on April 07, 2024, 04:42:29 PMWhen you play with yourself a lot

The song had me counting out the time. Seems like 6/4 except when it Isn't. When you play with yourself a lot, you can follow your own time changes.

The guitar tone is reminiscent of Ron Asheton of The Stooges – which means I love it.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

godinqc

I agree great guitar tones .. also really liked the beat ..
Cleaver lyrics also .. Great work ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

Ray Brookes

This one a great track, Stephen. Fantastic guitar tone and cool driving rhythm.
Ray Brookes

chapperz66

Wild stuff Stephen.  Guitars chugging like a good-un.   Cheaper than a donkey!  Oh yes indeed!

Paul

Ted

Quote from: StephenM on April 07, 2024, 04:42:29 PMIt's cheaper than a donkey.

Only because donkey fuel, equipment, and infrastructure aren't as heavily subsidized, to say nothing of the externalities.

Why your lyrics are better than mine.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Blooby

I am a sucker for odd time, and that 6/8 chugging thing grabbed me straight away. This is my kind of crazy.

Blooby

SE

Yes this sounds live, loving the chugging guitar and drums allied with the excellent vocal, well done loved the listen!
recorder
Boss BR-80