Sunbeam Drive

Started by Greeny, April 04, 2024, 04:40:18 AM

Zoltan

The quality of songwriting caught my attention first. And those vocals. Such a great song with vivid imagery.

Then i noticed the video and the mention of Ai tools. I've been looking out for a tool like that. I'm having a blast with all these Ai image generators and crossing into music video generation has been on my mind :)
The way your video plays is like having all the images in your artwork to come alive. Very much a Greeny -type of production with a little help from Ai.

Great stuff!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

thetworegs

Love the song and well impressed with the video I will be checking  that out thanks for the info

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

des0free

Nice to hear a new song in the recognizable Greeny style and poetry like lyrics.  Cool that you were able to produce that video as well.
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

des0free

Nice to hear a creative new song in what has become to me a recognizable Greeny style and with poetic lyrics.  And cool you were able to produce that video!
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

StephenM

Tim..you have a very unique and wonderful style.  Vocally superior.  Lyrically interesting and full of color.

Psyche pop on.
So much greatness.
Killer track

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Bluesberry

Absolutely perfect.....great song to pull me back in after my wee time away from this magical site

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Good to hear another song from you tim.  You've come back with a " corker" here. Your lyrics and vocals are always exceptional from the songs I've heard, not just that but the music too. Great production.
It does have a kind of beatle-ish feel, which I love. But I'm getting other influences too.
Really cool video to go with it.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Ted

Super pro production! Was the MBR involved, at least a little?

This must have taken many hours to produce. Just listening to all the instruments, and the panning changes. But it never sounds choppy. I feel like you carved out five zones from left to right, and made sure there was never more than one instrument in any zone at once (except for bass, voice, and some drums which share the center.)

The change here is amazing:

Quote from: Greeny on April 04, 2024, 04:40:18 AMWhen I reach your door on Sunbeam Drive
When you open up your door on Sunbeam Drive

So many subtle textures. Over on the left side: Piano, then string, then organ. The piano politely moves over to the left.

Sometimes I'm dying for someone to notice the pretentious literary references in my lyrics. Not that you are as pretentious as I am, but I noticed:

"Fly my pretties fly" quoting the Wicked Witch of the West. (The video helped me figure that one out.) Presumably the monkeys can't achieve orbit or escape the atmosphere. We all know wings are useless once you break atmo. Oh shit! It's a monkey in space suit!

The allusion to Théodore Géricault's painting "The Raft of the Medusa," which depicts a group of survivors clinging to a makeshift raft after a shipwreck – comparing that to the soulless desperation of a residential cul-de-sac. (A terrible and dangerous bit of urban architecture – although an excellent location if you intend to sacrifice children to the gods.)

The song is a beautiful critique of living without purpose, while living out the domesticated dreams prescribed to you by your culture – domesticated in both senses: like a servile animal; and like a suburban drone.

Welcome back.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

As great as this song and recording are, as awesome the delivery musically and vocally, so great is reading Teds comments.  Man, they are over my head but I still ponder them.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

TPB

There it is I have been missing my Greeny Monday specials excellent production from the playing to the vocals bravo brother
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away