Corner of my Mind

Started by karl1171, April 02, 2024, 02:45:42 PM

karl1171

Corner omm bass boost 160SC
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This started life as me playing a mash up of two songs on the piano. I think I've changed and added enough bits along the way to call it my own now!

This is the first time I've put my 12 string on a song, had to mic up as its purely an acoustic. Also added some percussion (from cubase, not real!) I tried this on a previous song but took it off again, decided it worked ok on this one though.

cuthbert

This has a cool soft rock vibe to it - I'm digging that. The 12 string along with the piano parts is really nice touch. Nice guitar solo there, too!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

SE

Yes there is lots to like, enjoying the vocal with the harmonies.
Cool piano and drums.
Enjoyed the guitar solo too.
That's a great listen!!well done!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Farrell Jackson

This is a great song Karl. I like those harmonies and the way they give the song a boost. The 12 string acoustic and the piano fit well together. A cool melody and lead vocal. Easy rock at it's best!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

TPB

Very nice I always like the 12 string chime nice chorus section well done
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Johnbee

Proof there's still much talent in the ol'Beatle territory. ;)   Especially impressive vocal work.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

thetworegs

Great vocal those harmonies work a treat nice solo too you've caught a great 70's vibe to my ear

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Ray Brookes

Oh yeah, very nice song and I like the melodic lines along with those lovely harmonies.
Ray Brookes

Greeny

Great 70's pop-rock feel - Todd Rundgren meets The Eagles. The chorus is smooth and sumptuous, and the production is excellent throughout. Great stuff!

Ted

A really good chord progression. It sounds simple, and then it catches you off guard – multiple times. Great harmonies that follow the chords. I particularly like the guitar break.

If you were of a mind to remix this, these would be my suggestions:

Piano: Down
Drums: Up
Lead vocals: Up
12-string: Up
Guitar break: Perfect
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac