It's Hard To Love A Woman

Started by StephenM, March 30, 2024, 10:02:40 AM

Blooby

Really strong tune. Greats performances all around, and I dig the lyrics.

I only love one woman, but she sometimes upsets the cows as well.

Blooby

StephenM

Quote from: Ted on April 01, 2024, 05:05:10 AMCliffsNotes version: The world is mysterious and frightening. Also I'm really horny.  ;)

I'm hearing a little U2 influence. Am I crazy?

The bass – the long sustained notes – are really effective effective against the driving guitar. It's a really tightly-constructed song. I think you have a very good tendency to record a song, and then move on. This one, however, I would suggest that you revisit it at some point with a more methodical production: crisper drums and vocals, more presence in the guitars, and other stuff like that. I'd love to hear this done BIGGER!

Thanks all for listening...

Ted...the bass for sure reminds me of U2.  As far as redo... yeah... I like the progression enough.
How about we work together on a new version... it might be a real growing experience for me to be coached through something.  You producing etc..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ted

Quote from: StephenM on April 03, 2024, 07:38:50 AMHow about we work together on a new version... it might be a real growing experience for me to be coached through something.  You producing etc..

That sounds like fun, but I don't have enough time for music these days. If you want this done in our lifetimes, you might want to honor another producer with this proposition.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Pru

kind of psychedelic 1960's sound that makes this song super-duper

Greeny

The lyric is loose and crazy, but the music is tight and controlled. A cool ride where you don't know what's coming next, but it's always interesting. The drumming is pretty spectacular (of course). Ace.

Trist

You capture the harder rock sound of the 60's very well on this song, kind of psychdelic . really liked the guitar line hook and the fuzzy rawness of the song it really works well with its theme and genre, enjoyed

Zoltan

I've heard this song many times over the past few days. The songwriting and playing sounds quite modern especially coming from you. Gone is the 70's influence and the song switches between a late 90s and beyond vibe.

I think the song works as is. It shows your influences and it shows your intentions. It's a done deal imho. It could however be turned into a lot more modern song and it's clearly one of the more "commercial" songs of yours. It could actually reach even younger audiences. In that scene the lyrics might be a bit too hazy and the vocal performance in parts a bit too "comfortable" (as in lacking the "pushing the diamonds" -type of conviction :D). The bridge part is effective and flirts with a "rap" -type of vibe with the music heightening that feel.

This song once again shows your versatility as a songwriters and a performer.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper