StephenM

It's Hard To Love A Woman
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Who dwells in the secret place?
Who rests in the shadows?
I will gather them into the den.
Fox come callin, daddy send him skwalin.
Baby ballin, fox lies dead, fox lies dead.  Babies ballin.

See those fungus?  See that mold? 
How it gets inside us no one knows.
Not the prions, negative charges,
set bombs off inside our heads. 
Time bombs inside our heads.
Even the cows gone mad

Remove compression, open the gate.
Set the snare and wait.
I hear the echo, a banging in reply.
Don't stop to wonder why. 

He got a broken neck.
He can't walk no more.
The good news is, he can't settle that score.
Everyone's angry, even the cows gone mad.

It's hard to love a woman
when there's a thousand on your mind.

It's hard to love one woman.
With a thousand on your mind.

It's Hard To Love A Woman.mp3

I keep thinking about animals in the lyrics... and Rays song "Snake In The Cradle"
and all the things that humans contend with in the war zone we live in...
I feel grateful that I am coming into the winter of my life knowing I have had a great life... and thankful... and thankful that I can "waste" my time blowing off the stuff that doesn't fit, as I navigate this music, it makes me realize this is survival for me theses days.  I am just glad I didn't give up my day job when  was young... i would have ended up homeless...lol

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ron D Bowes

Remeniscent of Graham Bonds style with Ginger Baker's Airforce. Cool track, well constructed and nice stereo placement. Nice job.

Ray Brookes

Cool song, Stephen and nicely produced with that driving guitar and the busy drumming. Love that snappy ending too.
Ray Brookes

SE

IMO one of your best,very melodic, great guitars, bass and drums, are you playing the drums? Big respect,  excellent enjoyed it lots!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

I love the way the song starts, straight in there.. the rhythm guitar is really catchy. Great lead guitar too.
Your drumming is getting better and better. Really great lyrics and the vocals are excellent as always,
Brilliant production on this. You e done so many good songs but I think this is one of the best all rounders I've heard too lately.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Ted

CliffsNotes version: The world is mysterious and frightening. Also I'm really horny.  ;)

I'm hearing a little U2 influence. Am I crazy?

The bass – the long sustained notes – are really effective effective against the driving guitar. It's a really tightly-constructed song. I think you have a very good tendency to record a song, and then move on. This one, however, I would suggest that you revisit it at some point with a more methodical production: crisper drums and vocals, more presence in the guitars, and other stuff like that. I'd love to hear this done BIGGER!

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

chapperz66

Even the cow's gone mad.  Brilliant Stephen!

Cool as a cool thing.

Paul

thetworegs

Strong song loving those guitars excellent lyric Bravo!

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

TPB

Very nice brother this one is a little more melodic than a lot of yours and it fits you well
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

kenny mac

Excellent, like your vocal in the lower register, kinda like Lou reed .
I think you should explore that route more ,it's a perfect fit for you.
Music rocks the joint.
Well done Stephen.