Il faut tourner la page , cover chanson de Claude Nougaro

Started by Jean Pierre, March 30, 2024, 08:04:28 AM

Jean Pierre

il faut tourner la page VERSION BACKTRACK JP .render mp3
Time:
0:00
Volume:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCyzkd4jAWs

"It's time to turn the page"... here's a song that despite its name lives up to its name

I originally published it to illustrate a topic on 'Artificial intelligence (in music)

My file was deleted by the administrators for copyright infringement.

Well, I understand the administrators' point of view and the site's policy on this subject (although the position on covers is a bit ambiguous).

and so I redid this cover using my own material (keyboard, guitar, bass) as well as tracks from BAND IN A BOX

Of course the result is not as good as what I had done (as an experiment with AI) but at least it conforms to the SC rules (to which I adhere unreservedly).

I've put the video of this second version on you tube, because it has the lyrics and their translation as subtitles

for the curious you can also listen to the version "with AI" which was not censored by you tube, but I do not put the link of this version on SC

here it is "it is necessary to turn the page" ;)

..and to come back to this Claude Nougaro song

Dismissed by Barclay (his record label) in 1986 due to insufficient sales, Claude Nougaro left for New York with "the only luggage" being the address of Charly Mingus's widow.
While there, he recorded the album "Nougayork" with some of the biggest names in American music. Among them was bassist Mark Egan, guitarist Pa

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Ted

I like this version. The pad sound in the background almost sounds like the vocal sounds from 10cc's "I'm Not In Love" achieved by using a whole lot of recording tape.

But it's your voice that stands out here and carries the song. It's a great vocal performance that would work well against much simpler arrangement, such as a single acoustic guitar.

I'm afraid to try BIAB. I think I might like it too much.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac