Ignorance is Bliss

Started by Ron D Bowes, March 30, 2024, 06:33:10 AM

Ron D Bowes

Ignorance is Bliss
Time:
0:00
Volume:
A rock 'n' roller. There's a surprise! I struggled getting this one going. Couldn't come up with the lyrics Was stumped and then the line "Pardon my confusion" came to me and I was away LOL. Usual set up for the instruments the outro was an add on that I thought would work well. Status Quo inspired.

IGNORANCE IS BLISS

I woke up in a gloomy place
I looked up and saw your face
i didn't know just who you were
My memories were just a blur

I think I had a blow right to my head
Maybe it was something that I said

My head aches like a hammer blow
How I got here I don't know
Is it the drink that made me fall
Well, if it was I don't recall

Pardon my confusion
But where the Hell is this?
I'm the Living proof now
That ignorance is bliss

Can you tell me what's my name?
I think it went, but then it came
And you can call me Mr. Black
It'll do till it comes back

Pardon my confusion
I'm the Living proof now
That ignorance is bliss

I'll be leaving if I may
Where I'm going I can't say
I don't know where I came from
All I know's I'm on the run

Pardon  my confusion
I'm the Living proof now
That ignorance is bliss
Pardon my confusion
I'm the Living proof now
That ignorance is bliss

Farrell Jackson

I liked the rockin' beat on the drums, right out of the gate. It sets up the listener for a good experience. The words and vocals are cool. I can see your subject waking up and not knowing where the hell he is or how he got there. I hear the Status Quo inspiration and maybe a bit of Chuck Berry in the outro lead solo. Good stuff Cuz!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ray Brookes

Good old rock n roll - can't beat it. Great recording/production and gotta love that drum programming. Good strong vocal and love that guitar section at the end a la Quo.
Ray Brookes

SE

Cool rock,in blues, great vocal, great vibe and recording the double guitar solo and bass are excellent, great stuff  enjoyed it lots!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Great rock and roll track Ron. I love the quo vibe. They've done some great rock songs in their day too.
Musically it sounds great, great guitars and I love the drums. Cool vocals and lyrics. Production also sounds great.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Pru

i really like these kind of rock songs. sort of simple yet complex and so listenable. everything rocking away fabulously in this song

Ted

This isn't punk, but it definitely could be punk if you had the inclination.

Quote from: Ron D Bowes on March 30, 2024, 06:33:10 AMthe line "Pardon my confusion" came to me and I was away

I've had that happen before – when I thought I already knew what the lyrical center was, and suddenly another phrase barges in and pushes everything aside. You have to know if this rude intruder needs to be sent away, or welcomed in. You made the right call.

You've been making me miss dive bars with rock bands. Those are hard to come by here where I live – unless you count the occasional gigs where I am in the band.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

hardlock

Another fine rocker! Interesting lead break. Great listen! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Blooby

Some very cool rhythm parts in there, and what you do with background vocals always seems to resonate with me. I'm also curious how you treat your lead vocal. Is that a tight slapback?

Drums sound perfect for this tune, and your fingers are nimble, my friend. Great leads.

Blooby

StephenM

I was with the grandkids for a week.  I heard this and did not get to comment.

I really enjoy the classic rock feel to this.  It is my favorite "genre"

It's hard to not love stuff like this for me.  A top 10 band for me is Bad Co.  and this reminds me of them in a big way.  This kicks ass.  As does pretty much everything you do Ron.

Even if one doesn't know the song, I know the vibe and it makes total sense.  Another one for the already lengthy rock and roll party festival playlist

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner