Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffett cover w/ 4K Video! for Lost in '23 Fest

Started by des0free, March 29, 2024, 12:01:43 AM

des0free

Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffett Cover by Doug Smith MP3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Lost_in_2023 (banner image missing)

Edit: I remixed the audio in both the MP3 and video to have the acoustic guitar a bit higher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOVFl4qKDCs

I have been trying to improve performing live in the living room, and am pretty happy with this cover. Practice helps, who knew? I also worked to improve my video producing skills. The tropical shirt was purchased for the occasion for $14. Now I just need StephenM to come over and man the drum set behind me!  I would also like to have Farrell Jackson on backing vocals and Zoltan on Marimba!  I'm just dreaming :)

Everything but the vocal and acoustic guitar were MIDI generated tracks. The audio and video were simultaneously recorded with me playing a Taylor GS mini, recorded with an Amumu SP60 magnetic pickup, and vocal recorded with CAD D90 mic, both into a TC helicon Acoustic Play pedal into a Tascam 16x08 USB interface. I overdubbed two low backing vocals that reinforce the lead vocal.

The video was shot with an Iphone 14 pro and the audio was mixed and mastered with Reaper and merged with the video using Adobe Premier elements.

recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

thetworegs

Great vocal on this Des loving it that shirt too when's the gig?

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Jean Pierre

.I'll buy your used shirt back if you don't feel like wearing it any more Doug
If you want to sell it back to me, I promise to make a video clip with my cover "Anbalaba". ;D

your performances with this live system and your videos improve with each performance

bravo for everything and thanks for the technical details, after all that should be SC's main interest.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

StephenM

Really enjoyed seeing your set up on this Doug... the video is really clear and the sound is amazing.

I gotta think some folks will love this.

great recording... and are you learning drums?  I know you ain't playing them here but you should bang away on those... I bet you'd be really good in some time...and it will change your music forever.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

This is an excellent performance Doug! The video and the music are very clear. The Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses are perfect for the occasion. Your set up looks inviting. I've gigged this song so many times that I still recall the lyrics. Hey I'll do backing vocals for you anytime!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ted

Quote from: des0free on March 29, 2024, 12:01:43 AMI just need StephenM to come over and man the drum set behind me!  I would also like to have Farrell Jackson on backing vocals and Zoltan on Marimba!

I'd like to see that too! Set up a GoFundMe.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac