"These Forsaken" w/Lurker

Started by Blooby, March 28, 2024, 04:16:33 PM

Blooby

These Forsaken (160) - Lurker & Blooby
Time:
0:00
Volume:

John and I originally futzed with this back in August. I am glad we let it gestate because that original version had disparate music and lyrics (no bueno). We got together last Thursday, matched the lyrics to something new, and then tweaked it a bit more today.  Oddly, we built the song around the middle jam, which I had done a few days before just to record anything. Not sure whether to keep the jam or do a more concise solo instead.

I have to say the marriage of the Tonex and the HX One has completely altered my work flow. I leave the two hooked up, quickly dial in an amp and then sample effects in the mini-me Helix via a dial. Maybe this song is actually about my pedals as I'm sure they feel abandoned for the time-being (Don't worry, lads. I still love you...and those flashing lights...and knobs...and switches!!!).

Kudos to John for the cool vocal lines in the outro.

Blooby

Lurker

These lyrics:

I stepped out of the darkness
Into the light
Momentarily dazzled
By a curious sight
People bowing down
Calling out they were saved
Offering obeisance
To the man from the cave

Who are these forsaken
Who cry out from their knees
To any passing stranger
To be the one they seek

I spun myself around
Looking for the one
Who deserved such honors
From a people undone
And then to my horror
I saw that I was alone
I had been mistaken
For a bearer of hope

Who are these forsaken
To any passing stranger
To be the one they seek

I looked out at their faces
At expectation and need
How could I help them
Without succumbing to greed
I tallied strength against weakness
Could I keep evil at bay
I found myself unworthy
And so returned to the cave

Who are these forsaken
To any passing stranger
To be the one they seek

Outro

Back in the cave, back in the cave
It's much safer back in the cave

I'm a recluse, not a guru
Escaping from life doesn't make you wise

I can't be their messiah
How could I save them
I can't save myself
From fear, doubt, or whim

Ray Brookes

WOW! A magnificent production and performance. Every instrument carefully placed in the mix and the excellent vocal work makes this track so damn fantastic. That guitar work ... jeez.

I'm useless at putting songs into a genre so I won't even try with this one and it's not music I'd attempt; suffice to say this is the coolest track I have heard on SC for a long time. Well done, fellers.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

today has been a great day... opening day for the baseball season... and getting to hang out with the wife...and now listening to this... although technically it is tomorrow now. 

Ya'll can pretend all ya want... this is modern southern... sure and I dig it... you can't get away from roots.... there are so many awesome nuggets along this 5 min journey... vocally strong as usual... really diggin the backers there J.

back in the cave... much safer...

the new gadgets sound great...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

chapperz66

Absolutely keep the jam!  Maybe do a "single" version for those lacking the attention span!  (I am not that person!)

So much going on here but I absolutely love it.  The guitar tones are awesome - and cool playing too.  The vocals are marvellous.

I am a fan.

AndyR

Oh yess.

Cool song.

Gorgeous chorus. And that "Back in the cave" in the outtro.

Some stunning guitaring.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Farrell Jackson

Very cool Blooby and John. Keep the jam! This is some real creative guitar work and the same goes for the vocals. I also need to mention that excellent, heavy duty bass work. It was like it kept saying "hey don't forget about me". Well done!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

hardlock

Very nice piece! Love the syncopated beat. Chorus really rocks with the vocal harmony and those leads kill! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

thetworegs

I believe John voice was made in a genetic experiment involving Crosby steels Nash and young vocal chords.... Just beautiful....love that jam....bravo

If Life is a dream then use your imagination