Short instrumental using a PRS McCarty

Started by godinqc, March 27, 2024, 10:14:43 AM

godinqc

PRS Jam
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I recently rented a PRS McCarty SE from my local guitar shop .. I'm trying to add to my collection of guitar but not really sure what I want ..  ;D
This is a quick instrumental trying out the guitar ..

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

kenny mac

That sounds excellent.
Very nice tone and sustain.
Nice one.

cuthbert

Great guitar instrumental and demo of the PRS. Sounds like it has sustain-for-days and a very sweet tone.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

StephenM

you gotta love it... or don't get it... I gotta ask, I was looking at these so I could relate a little to your post... some of the guitars cost 4500 others are around 800... they look the same... but obviously they cannot be. 

truthfully, most of the playing comes from who is holding the guitar... and you do that very well... I do like your playing... this sounds great.. will be interesting to see your decisions...

you have a style that is not real common... I really like that...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

SteveB

Well sounding like that it wouldn't be going back to the shop!
It reminded me totally (obvs different context), of a pub rock band I saw in London playing the song 'Sultans of Swing'.
Whatever the tone or backing you have complements the guitar tone perfectly. Buy it!!  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

hardlock

I like this one a lot! Very enjoyable listen and fine playing/production! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Mike_S

Great little instrumental you came up with here. Some lovely note choices. The guitar sounds lovely can't fault it listening to this.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

karl1171

Guitar sounds lovely on here, I guess its really down to how it sounds in whatever other circumstances you pay in, rehearsal room, home, clubs etc. and of course how it feels.

Theres an interesting part about 48 sec in, where the lead seems to go mono for a few moments. I'm not sure if this is intentional as its only here. Either way I think its a great idea, its a contrast to the main tone; out there, then suddenly focussed.

godinqc

>> some of the guitars cost 4500 others are around 800..
Your right on the numbers Stephen, this PRS is a used one it's about $800 canadian ..
I find the neck is a bit different to get used to .. its asymmetrical Pattern Vintage.
I can rent any used guitars at my local guitar shop .. so my try a couple of different ones before making a decision.
Well see how it goes ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800