When I Got My Woman

Started by StephenM, March 26, 2024, 05:02:18 PM

StephenM

When I Got My Woman
Time:
0:00
Volume:
HB guitar on dual coil using PO24 Smooth Lead Rhythm pickup, low pick up setting. 
bass is shecter with Stadium bass setting on Boss BR1600. 
Drums I really dig...

this is a crazy song... I felt it did not need anything else... it is amazing how I arrived at this from where I started...

it is so fun to record and mix.... I got really into the pan pot on the single vocal track... and I mixed this on the Zoom L-20 and mastered in Audacity with AR TG Mastering that I actually mastered twice... but I thought it sounded killer to my half shot ears so ROCK ON Man!
Listening on Sabbath, to Sabbath,  Bloody Sabbath.  Hit the spa, find a gleam in my eye.  Left a gleam for another lie.  Left a gleam for another lie.  Sabbath, bloody Sabbath.  Be sensational, non confrontational.  Drink the Starbucks and be chill.  When what you really need is a shot of Irish whiskey.... a shot of Irish Whiskey.  That is what you need. 
Where's the reason ,  where is the rhyme.  After all its turpentine.  Where is the reason?  Where is the rhyme... after all it's turpentine.

I am waiting mommy, I am waiting mommy, for my nursery rhyme. 
Hush little boy, don't you cry.  Mamma gonna hold you close to her side. 
You reach over and it's your woman.  Now you're gonna have some shaky puddin. 
Hush little boy, don't you cry.  Mamma gonna hold you close to her side. 
You reach over and it's your woman.  Now you're gonna have some shaky puddin.  Damn right, some shaky puddin... it's my woman, but not my mamma... and I don't miss her no more, when I got my woman.!!!

No message is associated with this attachment.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Mike_S

I have heard this a few times now while I work. That is a great kinda sinister main riff. I get a bit of a Hawkwind trancey vibe. And then the vocals... ah Stephen the vocals. We get treated to that carefree blast of energy. Words... lovely crazy words just flow. You have almost the spirit of a rapper but within the genre of rock. Haha... and then that great Irish twang you give in the Irish Whiskey line!! :)

Fantastic

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Zoltan

Why didn't i hear this earlier? Was my head stuck in my b..? Possibly...

Quote from: Mike_S on March 28, 2024, 09:09:38 AMand then that great Irish twang you give in the Irish Whiskey line!!

I was still listening to this track when i saw this and i thought "what on earth is Mike about?", but ah... Suddenly that Irish Whiskey line popped out of the speakers :D

I think we'd need something stronger than horse tranquilizers to tone down this screaming and kickin' rhythm sweating multi-limbed octopus of a man.

The drumming is spot on and the riffing is old school in the best possible way.

I'm probably the only one here (Geir, help me out? ah... no?) but this reminds me of DARKTHRONE! Before you're throwing your bibles at me... Darkthrone isn't what you think. If you actually have even heard about the band at all :) (which is most likely. Except Geir... Calling Geir).

Darkthrone started out as a Death Metal band that became a famous Black Metal band until they went into Crust Punk direction. Enough with the titles... There's the same freewheeling spirit.

This is not the best musical example, but exemplifies the spirit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo6AnRwKvUE

Well done. Not overcooked and with just enough spice.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

godinqc

I totally agree with Mike  .. What a blast of energy this song as..
Stephen, did you play the drums yourself ? Really good beat ..
Great heavy riffs and guitars ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

StephenM

Quote from: godinqc on March 28, 2024, 11:29:33 AMI totally agree with Mike  .. What a blast of energy this song as..
Stephen, did you play the drums yourself ? Really good beat ..
Great heavy riffs and guitars ..

yeah man... 2 years ago Zoltan suggested I get an acoustic kit... honestly I never could see me doing it... the thought of set up, trying to tune them, micing and learning how to record and mix them... it just wasn't something on my radar at all.... but as I thought more about it and I have found out that some of the best things I ever had happen or did where on the suggestion of someone I respect or admire in some way.  So here I am about a year and 3 months into this... I think it is the single best thing I have done in the last 10 years (other than retire lol).... not that I think I will ever be any sort of great rock drummer... but the thing is my entire brain seems to be getting remapped.  The way i think of things in changing... my experience in music and every day life are changing in remarkeable ways.... however, a word of caution.  While I highly recommend this drumming thing... there is a reason why drummers are generally considered "odd ducks"... I see now that people who have played a long time, especially persons already bent toward being free spirited, come across very different from normal people... I see why now...and I am only a fraction into the process..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ray Brookes

Jeez, total organised madness and what a great chaotic track. Love the intensity of it all.
Ray Brookes

AndyR

Oh wowsers!

I haven't been listening for ages.
I wondered what you'd be up to.

CRAZY FABULOUS.

Haha! And "more cowbell" at the end :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Ted

Quote from: AndyR on March 29, 2024, 04:11:23 AMI wondered what you'd be up to.

You've been missing Golden Age of StephenM. That's all.

There is something very youthful about this one – and I don't mean the nursery rhymes etc. The playing with panning, and the riffage. It reminds me of playing with my old 4-track recorder, and experimenting for the first time with mixing and silliness.

Very Shoshin of you, Stephen!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac