Be The Enigma (for Ted) Original

Started by Johnbee, March 26, 2024, 12:36:38 PM

Greeny

I love the melancholy and never obvious flow of the (minor?) chords. They seem slightly unusual at first, but quickly draw you fully into their little world. And, of course, provide a fitting backdrop for the 'enigma' theme.

I especially love the start of the transition at 1:35. The build after that is pure magic.

Musically, structurally and lyrically, this is a class act, and highly accomplished songwriting. Really excellent work.

Johnbee

Quote from: Greeny on April 11, 2024, 02:37:37 AMI love the melancholy and never obvious flow of the (minor?) chords. They seem slightly unusual at first, but quickly draw you fully into their little world. And, of course, provide a fitting backdrop for the 'enigma' theme.

I especially love the start of the transition at 1:35. The build after that is pure magic.

Musically, structurally and lyrically, this is a class act, and highly accomplished songwriting. Really excellent work.

Thanks so very much, Greeny
 :) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!