what do you think about Artificial Intelligence AI ?

Started by Jean Pierre, March 26, 2024, 12:19:16 PM

Zoltan

Quote from: AndyR on March 27, 2024, 06:36:32 AMI have seen Jurassic Park, though ;D
And Terminator...

Ah, don't give me any ideas! :D

Btw Andy. Don't be a stranger. Even though you're jamming in the cyberspace with your cyborg friends ( ;)) the SC needs you! Your great musical contributions and your opinions.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

AndyR

Quote from: Zoltan on March 28, 2024, 09:28:27 AMBtw Andy. Don't be a stranger. Even though you're jamming in the cyberspace with your cyborg friends ( ;)) the SC needs you! Your great musical contributions and your opinions.

I know :)

I've just been so busy.
I've got two weeks off around Easter, so have some time.
But you'll have seen my posts elsewhere... they take ages!! I know that's partly why they're valuable, and I like doing them, but there's only so many seconds left now for me to fit everything I want to do in!!! ;D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Zoltan

Quote from: AndyR on March 28, 2024, 10:30:26 AMBut you'll have seen my posts elsewhere... they take ages!!

I know! Perhaps you should occasionally just kick back and follow my lead. Which means half baked opinions disguised as wisdom written in broken english :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

kenny mac

I  know there are things in my life that use AI but as far as music goes apart from effects for guitar etc that's as far as I'll go technically in making music.
When I say I'll never use AI I'm talking about recording music and using it as backing or lyrics or vocals

Johnbee

What do I think of AI?

In a word-Scary!!

"TV rules
Pretty soon you won't be able to turn it off at all
all you fools
Then it'll turn YOU off.  Your backs against the wall in the
TV AGE!"
-Joe Jackson from "TV Age"    Album "Night & Day" 1982
 :) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Jean Pierre

Good or bad, it's all a bit confusing and unclear

...because can we even make and publish covers on SC?
By definition, covers are reproductions of works protected by copyright, or should we only do covers of old works that have fallen into the public domain:  :) Bach, Vivaldi, etc.?
:)
As regards in particular this cover of Claude Nougaro "il faut tourner la page" whose title in this context is succulent.... :)
you rightly deleted it from my initial message and I fully understand your position.
But then, because it's interesting:

Can I republish this cover version with my own interpretation of the orchestral part, i.e. guitar and keyboard?

Can I use additional tracks from BAND IN A BOX? for example to generate a bass line?
 and finally, can I put the link, if not the video, of my initial version with AI( which was published on You Tube) so that everyone can see the difference between the two versions?

In fact, you suggested in a reply about protected photographs :
QuoteHowever, I would suggest that, rather than uploading it to our server, you simply link to a photo found on another site

traduit avec Deepl_______________
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo