Feel Like Making Love (Bad Company)

Started by StephenM, March 25, 2024, 05:27:12 PM

StephenM

Feel Like Making Love (AR TG mastering)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
this is my other band called "Really Bad Covers"...

this reminds me of a bar band that you can't hear the vocals well, and you can hear the folks in the bar talking and singing along... to various subjects and also sort of the words.

I did have fun making this.. actually I love mixing tracks... it is like something i like spending alot of time doing.. and since i don't get to do much of what this song is about at least I can think about it...

The problem with a band like ours is we don't really play together.  We mostly play with ourselves... ha.

I am having fun with various wav plug ins... this one I used a bunch of CLA stuff on the drums, guitars bass... and vocals..
the mastering was a crazy analog looking thing with a million knobs and switches called "AR TG Mastering"... I used a factory preset called "Mix Glue"

the guitars are more HB PRS through the Boss BR 1600 (dirty fuzz, ms hi gain amb, and stadium bass).

I have played this song live but I generally go for something more funny in the lyrics like "Feel like wearing gloves"... lets face it... there ain't many people that can pull this sort of song off like Paul Rodgers could... I certainly would not want to hear Rod Stewart or Mick Jagger try either...lol

and I love Bad Company and this is their first song I heard and it is like the last one I want to hear nowadays... they have so many great tunes.. anyway... this was more like something I spent alot of time on just because I find the routine fun and comforting...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

Well... Isn't thay Steve wonder? Not that guy. The other guy on the left looking a bit suspicious...

Yes. That him officer. He tried to sing "Feels like making love" and did it so good that the neighbours dog gave birth to mongrel.

Ah too early for proper critic. A great one mw thinks. Everything works and the hazy atmosphere certainly does the trick. Not all vocals need to be up front.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Jean Pierre

Quoteactually I love mixing tracks... it is like something i like spending alot of time doing..

wow; what a mix despite the quantity of instruments and voices you manage very well not to fall into the mush ... each instrument stands out perfectly and mastering with AR TG mastering with the quantity of button is indeed quite complex is it the mix glue Aran LAvi that you use? ... there are so many preset options that it's a bit confusing
As for me, I've stopped using AR TG mastering (temporarily) and I'm using Izotope Element 11 Ozone which uses the famous Artificial Intelligence that we're being fed all the time these days... and it's not over yet!

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Jean Pierre

ah yes I'm going to publish a topic on AR TG mastering of wav versus IZOTOPE Ozone Element 11
I'll do it in the General discussion/gear lust section and not in cover because for the cover in question I'm using artificial intelligence-based software that allows me to cleanly separate the vocals and instruments in an arrangement.
This process is not in the nature of SC's covers and original songs, which is why I'm putting it in General discussion/ gear lust.

Stephen if you're interested (and the other guys too of course) let me know, I'll let you know when it's published.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version) ;)
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

ODH

I confess I can't quite hear that well (I'm listening on my phone speaker whilst on a beach in Koh Samui, and the breaking waves are loud). However it's a song I really like and hearing your version brought a smile to my face.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

StephenM

Quote from: Jean Pierre on March 26, 2024, 02:13:32 AM
Quoteactually I love mixing tracks... it is like something i like spending alot of time doing..

wow; what a mix despite the quantity of instruments and voices you manage very well not to fall into the mush ... each instrument stands out perfectly and mastering with AR TG mastering with the quantity of button is indeed quite complex is it the mix glue Aran LAvi that you use? ... there are so many preset options that it's a bit confusing
As for me, I've stopped using AR TG mastering (temporarily) and I'm using Izotope Element 11 Ozone which uses the famous Artificial Intelligence that we're being fed all the time these days... and it's not over yet!

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

JP, merci pour l'info sur Izotope. J'en ai entendu parler et je veux l'essayer aussi. J'ai tellement aimé vos sons CLA que j'ai dû les essayer... ils sont vraiment bons alors merci. J'ai beaucoup appris sur ce site grâce à des gens comme vous. J'ai tendance à lire tous les commentaires parce que j'en apprends des choses. Les gens ici pourraient avoir tendance à penser que personne n'y prête attention. J'admets que ce n'est peut-être pas beaucoup, mais probablement plus que nous ne le pensons. Merci.

JP, thanks for the info on Izotope.  I have heard of it and I want to try it too.  I liked your CLA sounds so much I had to try them... they are really good so thanks.  I have learned alot on this site from people like you.  I tend to read all comments because I learn things from them.  People on here might tend to think no one pays attention.  I admit maybe not many but likely more than we think.  Thanks.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

StephenM

Quote from: ODH on March 26, 2024, 04:42:14 AMI confess I can't quite hear that well (I'm listening on my phone speaker whilst on a beach in Koh Samui, and the breaking waves are loud). However it's a song I really like and hearing your version brought a smile to my face.

hope you are having a wonderful time Nick.... enjoy each moment! 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

TPB

The ultimate party song mixed in a live party mode well done brother
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

des0free

One of my favorite songs - we have similar taste.  Nice job.  Appreciate that this is just you jamming out one of your favorite songs, with that live rock band feel, taking liberties to make it your own. I get a bit of a psychadelic vibe - oh, yeah, that makes sense - I've heard lots of your originals. The distorted rhythm guitar is a standout - steady and capturing the vibe of the original, but then taking it to other levels, especially with the unique backing vocals. Rock on  !@005
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

The voices in my head feel like making love. I say, "Fine. Get a room."

The voices reply, "There's plenty of empty space in here."

A very fun – and totally StephenM – version.

I recently saw a video of Green Day doing this song. They were wearing disguises, and Jimmy Fallon (also in disguise) was singing. Here it is on Fecesbook.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac