The lost song

Started by thetworegs, March 24, 2024, 05:48:07 AM

thetworegs

Lost SongAT
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's the track from the MET in San Francisco with John https://alonetone.com/reefwalker  I think you can tell already I had a great time hopefully he'll be joining up soon. I'm singing and playing John produced co-wrote and whistled which has made the song a lot more quirky and interesting . We had a limited time together as he was of on a break but we had a great time getting to know each other a little too good for making music. He was showing me the area and we were frequenting the bars drinking tequila cocktails and by the time we got to recording my mind was quite hollow I'd got the makings of a song as we were preparing for the recording but by the time it came to pressing the red button the song had gone hence the title for this one. Hope you enjoy

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

chapperz66

Brilliant mate!  Love the quirky percussion.  And a happy song - marvellous.

Farrell Jackson

I can hear the fun you both were having while recording The Lost Song, made in Calif. Seems you had a great adventure and covered a lot of ground in a short time. The whistling was a surprise but fit well. Good fun Trevor!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

hardlock

Cutting up in CA! My home there. Nice tune and colab! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Johnbee

This one has me half smiling and half laughing.  Combination of brilliance and folly.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Ted

This sounds a lost McCartney song – one of his oddball ones. Which is ironic, because its the most English sounding song to come out of your trip that I've heard, and it's got your American collaborator on it. (Is John American, or does he just live there?)

I used to use a wind-up alarm clock, and it was about the same time I bought my first 4-track cassette recorder. Some of my first recordings would have tick-tick-tick-tick... in the background, because I was so used to hearing it that I didn't think to suppress the sound.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

thetworegs

Johns from Kansas originally I think moved to California 6 or 7 years ago for work

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Ray Brookes

Well done, guys. Lots of fun here.
Ray Brookes