Bioinformatics - an original from Thetworegs and chapperz

Started by chapperz66, March 24, 2024, 05:48:06 AM

chapperz66

I'm not sure Midsomer Murders is a totally accurate indicator of culture in the UK. At least not where I come from  :)

SteveB

Quote from: StephenM on March 26, 2024, 06:16:32 AM
Quote from: SteveB on March 26, 2024, 03:32:02 AM
Quote from: StephenM on March 25, 2024, 06:01:42 AMthanks for the update on the UK version...I have been watching Midsomer Murders and shows like that... and it makes me realize how different the same language can be...and from comments on the site I gather even within various zones there can be different...

StevieM, within the same distance that people in the U.S. would travel to get a favoured Taco, this thing in the photo has changed its name at least four times and could actually get you into a fistfight because of mispronunciation.

recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

StephenM

Quote from: chapperz66 on March 26, 2024, 10:36:46 AMI'm not sure Midsomer Murders is a totally accurate indicator of culture in the UK. At least not where I come from  :)

this made me laugh so hard Paul... don't be shocked if a few songs come from there....lol

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

chapperz66

Quote from: StephenM on March 26, 2024, 05:54:45 PM
Quote from: chapperz66 on March 26, 2024, 10:36:46 AMI'm not sure Midsomer Murders is a totally accurate indicator of culture in the UK. At least not where I come from  :)

this made me laugh so hard Paul... don't be shocked if a few songs come from there....lol

I hope so! I can't wait! :)  :)

Pipes

What a Great, well constructed tune. Love the catchy guitar playing, really adds to everything.
 Trevor's vocal work compliments this clever song.

Nick

karl1171

Wow, what time signature is that! Sounds pretty good though, intrumentation works really well, particularly like the string parts and wah guitar stabs

chapperz66

Quote from: karl1171 on March 27, 2024, 08:31:58 AMWow, what time signature is that! Sounds pretty good though, intrumentation works really well, particularly like the string parts and wah guitar stabs

The verses are in 7/8 and the chorus sections are in straight 4/4.   I think I threw in a couple of extra beats here and there though.

Ted

Who does the spoken parts? Izat you, Trev? You really can mimic American. Please tell me you faked an American accent the entire time you were in the USA recently, and that you never got caught.

Super cool song. What did your daughter think of it?

I particularly liked the "cocked wah" guitar right of center. The vocal performance is amazing. Sounds like a coked-up entrepreneur making a presentation to potential investors, manically waving a laser pointer.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

chapperz66

Quote from: Ted on March 31, 2024, 06:26:39 AMWho does the spoken parts? Izat you, Trev? You really can mimic American. Please tell me you faked an American accent the entire time you were in the USA recently, and that you never got caught.

Super cool song. What did your daughter think of it?

I particularly liked the "cocked wah" guitar right of center. The vocal performance is amazing. Sounds like a coked-up entrepreneur making a presentation to potential investors, manically waving a laser pointer.

Yes that's Trevor! He has a voice for every occasion.  Daughter is away on holiday so I doubt she has heard it yet.   :)