Bioinformatics - an original from Thetworegs and chapperz

Started by chapperz66, March 24, 2024, 05:48:06 AM

chapperz66

Bioinformatics
Time:
0:00
Volume:
The first completed track for the third Chapman Smith Collective album is here.  It has been a while in coming as life got in the way - or, at least, what passes for real life!

Bioinformatics is a word that I read in one of my daughter's scientific papers that she writes.  I thought it would be a good working title for a song.  Luckily we have Trevor on hand to explain what it means.

As usual I will post a link to Soundcloud should anybody want to hear a wav quality version. I say this because I wouldn't want any conspiracy theorists to get the impression we are trying to earn millions from our music.  Chance would be a fine thing.  But if we do - well it's been nice knowing you.

Soundcloud link:

https://soundcloud.com/chapman-smith-collective/bioinformatics?si=308b230428e84cf89ab74298fb216b6a&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Bioinformatics

Bioinformatics is used to analyse and interpret biological data,

develop computer programs to efficiently access,

manage, and use biological information and create mathematical formulas and statistical approaches

to evaluate relationships in large datasets.

I want to know

who I am

I want to try and understand

The biology that makes me the man

But there whey to much for me to understand 

So I need

the help of an AI

who understands

Why ?

I'll keep on clicking keys until the day turns to night

Night turns to day

As I sit in front of the screen

Trying to understand

what data is in me

Am I a man ? Or am I just part of the machine ?

Let Bioinformatics inform me

About me

If I have a diseased

The virus is within me

Its genome

To be sequenced

To identify its entrance

To gleam information

data mining,

pattern recognition,

visualisation

I can see it

The machine can be let loose continually learning about me

Combing the domain knowledge and statistics with the data science

speed

with efficiency

using databases so large

they engulf the human mind

Bioinformatics is the way

to get ahead

of disease

Bioinformatics will inform me

How to cure the disease

Bioinformatics is used to analyse and interpret biological data,

develop computer programs to efficiently access,

manage, and use biological information and create mathematical formulas and statistical approaches

to evaluate relationships in large datasets.

To gain control

Of the dreaded disease

Thats killing you

StephenM

massive..
the music is a delight and an awakening to the mind and body... lots of fun details... not going to comp but you know who I would Paul...
and I love the music.

the lyrics are brilliant.. and informative and sort of a warning too.

the vocal delivery is theatrical and wonderful... a real winner... the tune is amazing... almost no one could comprehend music like this... it is too grand for the average and I appreciate simple music and believe in it but.... music like this elevates the soul and the mind to much higher places... well done men... Collective on....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

I'm glad trev explained what bioinformatics meant coz I didn't have a clue? Haha.
I love the mix of styles in this. It's part soundtrack, part musical and part 70's r and b song.
I like the wah guitar and the strings and orchestral bits mixed in.
Trevor has such a great voice for all songs. He could even do voice overs as demonstrated in this 😄
The music is really brilliant. And production is top notch. Great collaboration.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Ray Brookes

Masterful vocal performance from Trevor and that musical production is fantastic. A kind of rock opera arrangement mixed with 70's progressive rock with great utilisation of the instruments.
Ray Brookes

Zoltan

This sounds fabulous! You guys are never taking the easy way out.

The sound design, songwriting and every little detail is so spot on in this production.

And those Reg vocs sound great. Clean and clear making it possible to hear all the small nuances.

Quirky song that works!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

godinqc

Excellent song. I really liked the mix of guitar wah and orchestral sounds ..great vocals also
Great work
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

SteveB

Quite stunning in construct and delivery. Will listen to the Soundcloud version at around dinner(lunch)time, after morning constitutionals.  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

StephenM

Quote from: SteveB on March 25, 2024, 01:38:09 AMafter morning constitutionals.  8)

interesting way to put it!

the lyrics to the song... the explanation reminds me of a corporate head where I worked when he/they were about to fuck us over he could say it in a way that made it sound like we should look forward to it, but underneath something inside me was saying run real quick.... but if you stay, get the gel ready cause it will hurt less then...
that is what I get from the lyrics on this... and the delivery.  Not sure this is so great.  (meaning the stuff described in the lyric)...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

SteveB

Quote from: StephenM on March 25, 2024, 06:01:42 AM
Quote from: SteveB on March 25, 2024, 01:38:09 AMafter morning constitutionals.  8)

;D Ah, SteveM. Herein lies the nub of the maxim proffered by playwright George Bernard Shaw, to wit (and paraphrase): The U.S. and U.K., two countries only separated by a common language.

In the U.K., when you say you are going on your morning constitutional, it usually means some kind of brisk walk to promote health, well-being and vitality, and can include a dog or small shopping errands or posting letters, sort of anything to get you out into the fresh air (and usually rain too). Now, in the U.S., and in the spirit in which I think you make your comment about 'constitutionals' , you will possibly say: 'going to the bathroom / restroom / john' etc. In the U.K. we would say: 'going for a dump or crap - or if the Vicar's out of earshot - going for a sh*t. Wonderfully versatile language, to-and-fro across the Pond.

I've been on to Soundcloud and again the Bioinformatics is a powerful-sounding piece, unfortunately a little too powerful for my speaker. Hopefully I'll have something sorted out in the next day or two and have a proper listen. Though well done Guys, it is impressive.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

StephenM

Quote from: SteveB on March 26, 2024, 03:32:02 AM
Quote from: StephenM on March 25, 2024, 06:01:42 AM

;D Ah, SteveM. Herein lies the nub of the maxim proffered by playwright George Bernard Shaw, to wit (and paraphrase): The U.S. and U.K., two countries only separated by a common language.

In the U.K., when you say you are going on your morning constitutional, it usually means some kind of brisk walk to promote health, well-being and vitality, and can include a dog or small shopping errands or posting letters, sort of anything to get you out into the fresh air (and usually rain too). Now, in the U.S., and in the spirit in which I think you make your comment about 'constitutionals' , you will possibly say: 'going to the bathroom / restroom / john' etc. In the U.K. we would say: 'going for a dump or crap - or if the Vicar's out of earshot - going for a sh*t. Wonderfully versatile language, to-and-fro across the Pond.

I've been on to Soundcloud and again the Bioinformatics is a powerful-sounding piece, unfortunately a little too powerful for my speaker. Hopefully I'll have something sorted out in the next day or two and have a proper listen. Though well done Guys, it is impressive.

well, you are right about how I viewed it Steve.... for sure... thanks for the update on the UK version... ha... that is so different... I have been watching Midsomer Murders and shows like that... and it makes me realize how different the same language can be, and cultures too... and from comments on the site I gather even within various zones there can be different, although that can be true here as well.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24