Mapped out Drum pads on the BR600

Started by Arcticsound, March 23, 2024, 12:47:29 PM

Arcticsound

80s Vibe Br600 Jam_eq
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Last night I mapped out the drum pads MIDI notes on the BR600. Some times I like to record my drum patterns on another sequencer. That way I can go through the whole song recording the Kick & Snare and then laying down the Hi Hats, Toms and cymbals, On the 2nd pass. That way I can record the drum pattern the way I feel it and play the song the way I would play them live. Then Quantize and import as a whole SMF drum track. Some of the Drum notes were standard and some were not.  This might be useful to some out there.

I mapped out the MIDI notes that correspond to the drum pads on the Boss BR600. Here they are as follows. Keyboard notes.
Pads:
Kick    B1 & C1,    Snar D1 & A2  Close Hat F#1,    Open Hat Bb1,    Tom 1 D2,    Tom 2  C2,    Tom3 A1,    Tom 4 F1,    Stick G0,    Cow Bell Ab2,    Crash C#2,    Ride Eb2.

Also here is a rough scrap demo of laying down some tracks on the BR600 just going through the motions learning the unit.
Just started a user group on facebook Come over and teach us something or maybe learn something.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/957554959223306/

64Guitars

I made a MIDI Drum Map chart in 2012 which you might find useful. It covers the BR-8, BR-532, BR-864, BR-900, and BR-80. I didn't include the BR-600 but I suspect that it's identical to the BR-864 and BR-900.

https://songcrafters.org/64guitars/BR/Docs/Boss BR MIDI Drum Map.pdf

There are actually two kick drums (B1 & C2) and two snares (D2 and E2). And there are two metronome sounds; click (A1) and bell (A#1).

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Arcticsound

I just did a test on the BR600 The 2 kick # both triger the the same kick pad, & the 2 # triger the same Snar pad. The 2 metrome sounds do not respond. to any note number. But i did notice the BR600 wasn't on that chart, But I appreciate you calling that to my attention. The 2 Snare #s when recording a pattern from a keyboard seq would come in handy for Snare rolls. or some speed kicks. I think Im going to add to my post Numbering the pads starting with the Kick being Number one. Becouse any pad can be any sound especially if you make custom kits with custom samples.  95% of the people wont use this info but I will will and maybe a few others. Thanks again..

SteveB

Arcticsound, I'm only here to review (monaurally), your BR600 jam rather than your midi-mapping (which if anything like your 600jam will be pretty awesome), and have to say that in 30odd seconds of impromptu-ish musical collage you covered so much ground. If you don't write lyrics yourself, get someone on board and expand this, it's dang catchy! Good luck.  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Arcticsound

Thank you for your comments I do write lyrics. But they don't come nearly as easy as music.
Thanks again for your support. :)