The Tenderloin

Started by thetworegs, March 21, 2024, 08:48:27 AM

thetworegs

The Tenderloin
Time:
0:00
Volume:
The Tenderloin is only few streets in San Francisco where the homeless and drug addicts congregate its kind of at the bottom of four hills so you have to walk up a steep hill which ever direction you try to leave the area. which kinda leaves them trapped  like a fly in one of those bell plants slowly drowning  as they don't look like they would have the energy to climb out. It's a blemish on the city shocking to see humanity at its depths something should be done to help them but What?
Life's move with a single  sensation
All stuck with the same animation
The act of a gods damnation 
They stand without activation
Misery their own acclamation
the product of too muchTemptation
A Life born in  stagnation
The product of this wide open nation
The laws of life in mistranslation
They all got lost on their way

No ones looking for salvation
They are all under sedation
They've become the lost generation
As their families fall in to malformation
All stuck in this location
Not open for negotiation
Or any other kind of flirtation 
They are all waiting at the station
Cause They all got lost on their way

Life's move with a single  sensation
All stuck with the same animation
The act of a gods damnation 
They stand without activation
The production of too much temptation they got lost on the way
they got lost on the way
they got lost on the way

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Zoltan

That guitar sounds so warm and inviting. The same can't be said of the vocals. This man has got something to say and he's not waiting for you  to hear it. There's a hint of Led Zeppelin to the vocals, but overall it's all Reg.

I think you've got better at these man & guitar -type of manifestos. Your really have so many songs inside of you and the fact that you're never running out of things to say is a wonder.

Cool song!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Thought provoking song trev. It's terrible what these poor souls have to live like. We all think, why don't they get a job..sort their life out..but it's not always that easy.
Nice guitar playing and I like the fx on the vocals.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

kenny mac

A sad story ,all major city's have a dark side they try to keep hidden away.
The vocal on this sounds like Arcade fire ,in fact the whole vibe could be a lost Arcade track.
You seem to be getting about trev.
Nice guitar work.
Had this on my play list today.
Nice one.

Mike_S

I like the fx on the vocals too. This is great Trev. What to say about the sad story that seems the same in all western countries now. The problem is huge and I don't like to think where it's all heading. But the song... it's a great reflection, a pause for thought for these unfortunate people.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

lyrically superior... delivery is perfect and interesting

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ted

Quote from: thetworegs on March 21, 2024, 08:48:27 AMtrapped  like a fly in one of those bell plants slowly drowning

Good lord, what vivid image. How did that not end up in the song?

But, you know, the chords evoke this image all by themselves. E to F# (right?) trying to climb, find a purchase, again and again. Then, every time, they fall back to the bottom: A, G, E.

I definitely hear an American vibe in this one – perhaps even a certain California vibe. I searched my brain with a "what the hell is this reminding me of" query, and the closest match was Thelonious Monster. They were from L.A. actually, from the same drugged-out cohort as Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jane's Addiction & Fishbone. The frontman/songwriter Bob Forrest was quite the drug addict, and emerged to become something of a drug rehab counselor to the stars. I can't put my finger on why this song pinged Thelonius Monster – I can't point to a specific song – but given the context, I'm sticking with it.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Farrell Jackson

The chord progression is really cool Trevor. Great vocals and words. I can hear the angst in your voice. San Francisco is/was a beautiful city and we enjoyed going there. It still is in some spots. I hope it's full glory will return some day soon. Your lyrics are sad but it's the honest truth of what some districts have become. I'm glad you had a good time during your visit!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ray Brookes

Such a great emotive song, Trev. That acoustic sounds fantastic and of course your vocal is the icing on the cake. A sad reflection on todays society and as Kenny says - every major city has the same problem throughout the so called western world.
Ray Brookes