Always say no

Started by thetworegs, March 20, 2024, 06:28:22 PM

thetworegs

Always say no
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Can't sleep jet lagged .....a little ditty about just saying no ....but not everyone can ..... witnessing the mayhem in the Tenderloin in San Franscisco blatantly shows you....addiction is a terrible thing for the individual and the community 
Hey now always say no
Cause you never can guess where your life will go
You can turn your back and everything gone
close your eyes and your in the wrong
Close your eyes and everything gone

Lock the doors and look to the right
Cause suddenly the day becomes the night 
Someone told you blacks was white
That you are wrong and that I was right

Live your life don't be in need
But Don't give in to the other mans greed
They'll tell your making money not chicken feed
But Never get rich  on another mans need

Hey now always say no
Don't play along just to be in the show   
It maybe white but its a no go
 its not as pure as the driven snow
And everyone will know
Everyone will know
Everyone will know

Lock the doors and and put out the light
Cause suddenly the day will become the night 
Someone will tell you blacks is white
That you are wrong and that I was right

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

StephenM

this is one hell of a true tale!  The song is very doors to me... a real Cali vibe..
but the lyrics tell it all... and delivered with those foraging vocals... I feel like I am being stalked by a bear....
the way you strum that guitar... it is so perfectly you... and I felt at one time like I was on a train track and a whistle blew just behind me... as I was about to get plowed by the cow catcher.. it is a mean, mean, mean, machine!

those little piano chords got me grinnin like a toothless comedian just after getting paid a hundred bucks after his standup.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Mike_S

I feel your American visits bleeding into every pore of this song. It's so bluesy, so cool... you got serious feel coming outta those piano runs. And a nod to the bass... awesome Trev.

mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

hardlock

Another good foot tapper Trev. Great listen & love those intense lyrics! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

chapperz66

Powerful stuff, Trevor.  Driving acoustic guitar and the lyrics tell it as it is.

TPB

Nancy Regan should have had this song for her just say no campaign loving the key work sets off the driving acoustic
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Zoltan

You've got the Reggie groove going on full blast. That guitar rhythm is almost like a flock of birds flapping their wings. It just keeps on going... Until the whole song just explodes into a sound and thunder.

Weathers flying everywhere while Reg says no! Z... You missed the point! While i fly away singing the tune...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Farrell Jackson

Dang Regs you've been Californicated! This song is as West Coast Cali as can be. There's no way I can just say no to that piano and driving vocal. Good stuff Trevor!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ray Brookes

Great song, Trev. Lyrics are excellent and love that driving rhythmic feel of the acoustic.
Ray Brookes

Ted

This reminds me of watching Monty Python's Flying Circus as an American teenager, and there were certain sketches where they put on American accents. And I didn't even notice at the time because they sounded "normal" to me. My sister had to point it out.

The non-American Songcrafters are commenting that you've been infused with America, and they can hear it in this song. And I'm wondering what the heck they are talking about. So I think they are probably right.

Great energetic and intense song.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac