I've Been Calling

Started by SE, March 20, 2024, 05:23:30 PM

SE

I,ve Been Calling
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Well there,s kind of two stories to tell, first started before Christmas had the gas for a off set electric so looked at the Harley Benton so seen a JA JAG looking guitar, very cheap £134, should have known better previously had HB 35 which was fine it was an itch I had to scratch, not my thing, then got an sg thing which was broken replaced it with another which in IMO was not bad.
Then the JA came broken, sent for a refuned many emails and delivery time later ( 14 weeks) I got my money back.
So IMO mail order is not worth the hassle.

So took my refund plus Christmas gift vouchers and bought Squire classic vibe tele from a well know retailer, just a great neck may replace the saddles but so much better.

Well on to the tune been watching too many British CSI things on BBC which influenced this tune totally fictional could not write the actual ending changed it so that the ending is where no one was harmed.

Sorry for so much writing

John
recorder
Boss BR-80

SE

20240307_200944.jpg20240307_200811.jpg 
recorder
Boss BR-80

SE

All the effects are from the yamaha thr5 and the tele.
The vocals where recorded with a beringer 78 A mic with the BR 80 effects.
recorder
Boss BR-80

StephenM

so this is voodoo sounding... wow...

crazy... and bloody heavy too... dig it.

the amp thing in the photo looks like there is a fire inside... it is glowing.
wow.  this sounds amazing... what a song... so deep... so deep.. it is a vortex pulling me into it's gravitational field...

it is psychadelic rock with a Bowie like feel... you could not really put this in any genre...there is none.. I feel like I just listened to a cosmic version of CCR on a full moon...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

thetworegs

I'm getting the Bowie influence too ....... Teles are wounderful guitars and it sounds like your having a lot of fun with yours

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

TPB

The itch comes you have to scratch it love the lunch box amp simulator guitar sounds great
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

StephenM

Quote from: SE on March 20, 2024, 05:48:58 PMAll the effects are from the yamaha thr5 and the tele.
The vocals where recorded with a beringer 78 A mic with the BR 80 effects.

helluva recording with this little device... whoa!  that tele sounds great too... but the vocals are on fire.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

I I always fancied a tele. It sounds great. I love your set up.
Great song .
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

kenny mac

Nice guitar, nice song.
Great rocky vibe, kinda like the cars.
Lovely guitar chops.
Well done.

Mike_S

John, this is wonderful. You took no prisoners with the guitar sounds... massive. Yeah a proper wall of sound. Those disturbing subtle lead lines in the background are great. A total air of menace. Brilliant... downloading for future listens. Cheers John...

Mike

(I hear a lot of people singing HB Guitars praise, but seems you had a dissapointing experience, as did I a few years back. My HB LP came less than perfect. Completely unplayable out of the box and needed a guitar tech set up. On top of that the neck is slightly warped which someone else picked up)
recorder
iPad GarageBand